Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto training with Diaz already

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't matter, Cotto is getting blasted. Miguel has a good boxing mind but does not have the speed to trouble Floyd. Floyd is going to pick off his shots.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Unless a fighter got huge amount of weight too lose or has been inactive for a long time 6-8 week camp is the perfect length.

Floyd will have a 8 week camp I suspect.
      Just because he is training doesn't mean they are training particularly hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        I don't buy that. You reward Manny for having the hard camps then critque Cotto for having a hard camp in preparation for Floyd. My guess is you are creating excuses to offset your predicition of Cotto winning.

Nothing wrong with training hard but it the length of the training camp that is the problem.

I've trained flat out for that time and come the 10-11th week I was picking up a lot of injuries an my performance was dropping.

Comment

good for him, he better start watching all off the tapes that he can, and he should maybe spar with Ivan Calderon because of the style similarities but the height might throw him off. I cant wait for the 24/7 for this fight it should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 3L MatAt@N View Post
            good for him, he better start watching all off the tapes that he can, and he should maybe spar with Ivan Calderon because of the style similarities but the height might throw him off. I cant wait for the 24/7 for this fight it should be interesting.
            Calderon absolutely schooled Cotto when they fought as amateurs

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Just because he is training doesn't mean they are training particularly hard.
              One of the reasons Mosley was in such a bad condition when he face Mayweather was because he was in training camp for months.

Comment

Calderon absolutely schooled Cotto when they fought as amateurs
                yea I know it's funny to think of a midget taking cotto to school, but f uck he is going to need all of the lessons he can get.

Comment

One of the reasons Mosley was in such a bad condition when he face Mayweather was because he was in training camp for months.
                  Where did you read this? Link please.

Comment

Originally posted by 3L MatAt@N View Post
                    yea I know it's funny to think of a midget taking cotto to school, but f uck he is going to need all of the lessons he can get.
                    It was at light-fly and Cotto was 14/15 I think. Both really just starting out

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                      Where did you read this? Link please.
                      Know your boxing, think what happened around that time.

Mosley had two fights canceled,

Comment

Working...
                      X