No announcement yet.

Jess Willard not as bad as many seem to think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
    this, it's sad that some people just cant let go and are agitated that someone has an opinion that goes against their thinking. Posters like OP will defend past fighters like they are their offspring ffs.

Maybe i should go and start a thread about how Valuev is not as bad as everyone thinks.

What's next on the list? Let's defend every single fighter that was beaten by anyone in the top 10 ATG heavyweight list. Because everyone knows they are Gods, and no one other form of life in any era, especially current, would have a remote chance to even make it through a staredown
    How about editing the emboldend? Surely this is sarcastic and derisive as anything I wrote?

Poet
    Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 09-27-2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
      this, it's sad that some people just cant let go and are agitated that someone has an opinion that goes against their thinking. Posters like OP will defend past fighters like they are their offspring ffs.

Maybe i should go and start a thread about how Valuev is not as bad as everyone thinks.

What's next on the list? Let's defend every single fighter that was beaten by anyone in the top 10 ATG heavyweight list. Because everyone knows they are Gods, and no one other form of life in any era, especially current, would have a remote chance to even make it through a staredown.
      im not too up to date on modern stuff but is there a reason neither klitschko has fought valuev, or were they just ducking him?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
        im not too up to date on modern stuff but is there a reason neither klitschko has fought valuev, or were they just ducking him?
        Valuev is co-promoted by Don King. The Klitschko's have always tried to avoid doing business with King. There was an offer by Vitali to defend against Valuev, but they couldn't agree on the money split.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Valuev is co-promoted by Don King. The Klitschko's have always tried to avoid doing business with King. There was an offer by Vitali to defend against Valuev, but they couldn't agree on the money split.
          damn money problems id really like to see a fight go down, i dont really think either klits fast enough to make valuev seem like a complete clod and win on points while running away th whole time and i think valuve has more then enough stamina and wont be letting klit lay on him during the fight.

the battle of the giants.

really it sounds like an awesome fight i wish this would happen.

Comment

damn money problems id really like to see a fight go down, i dont really think either klits fast enough to make valuev seem like a complete clod and win on points while running away th whole time and i think valuve has more then enough stamina and wont be letting klit lay on him during the fight.

Valuev is currently recovering from minor surgery. Because of the very slim pickings of heavyweights who can generate money or interest, a fight with one of the brothers is still very possible. No doubt it would make lots of money in Germany.

Comment

it would be a great fight to watch no doubt about it, yet i give Valuev a great chance of beating them.. All this ****e about fighters not wanting to do business with Don King is nothing other than "Ducking" King has made more money for so many fighters that he is on a complete different level to any other promoter in history, Don King also puts on the fights that the boxing fans want to see not the garbage we have became accustomed to seeing over the last decade... From all the time i have followed boxing there has never been anything as good as a Don King extravaganza fight card that would have 5 or 6 world title fights all on the same bill... phuk Klitschko and any other fighter who blames Don King, the reason they wont go with King is that they know King will match them in an even money fight against an opponent who is just as good as themselves and not some tomato can which they are accustomed to fighting.

Comment

It's hard to ignore that Willard's career record was just 23-5 with few impressive wins outside of a weary Jack Johnson.

And Willard had no excuse for not expecting Dempsey's attack, since Jack came into the fight with SIX straight one round KO's. It would be kinda like Margarito saying after their fight that he had no idea that Pacquiao had such fast hands.

Ha ha, your last comment raised a smile.

Comment

And Willard had no excuse for not expecting Dempsey's attack, since Jack came into the fight with SIX straight one round KO's. It would be kinda like Margarito saying after their fight that he had no idea that Pacquiao had such fast hands.
                  whether he was or wasnt expecting an on slaught im sure he was more then confident that at 60 lbs heaver then dempsey there was no reason for him to be worried.

60 lbs diffrence is more then an excuse for complacency.

Comment

whether he was or wasnt expecting an on slaught im sure he was more then confident that at 60 lbs heaver then dempsey there was no reason for him to be worried.

60 lbs diffrence is more then an excuse for complacency.

And I gather Willard had never been knocked down up till that point too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                      And I gather Willard had never been knocked down up till that point too.
                      I think it was Gunboat Smith who said that one talent Willard did have was you couldn't knock him down, he was as strong as a horse. So he wasn't suprised he beat Johnson.

As for Wlad versus Valuev I'd sooner watch paint dry than that particular fight.

And Jabs keep a very tight reign on Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X