Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Shoud Khan's 1st Opponent Be at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana, that fight warranted a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      If I was advising Khan I would tell him to stay at 140 because his big weakness is his chin and 140 pounders don't hit quite as hard as 147 pounders. I don't believe Khan is ever going to be this superstar that can take on all comers and consistantly win. If he fights the best I think he will suffer more KO defeats. Khan has great speed combined with good power and he will beat some good fighters. However he is always going to be in danger of getting KOed by fighters with quick hands and good power...
      I don't think Khan's chin is as bad as some say, he was only knocked down in the Garcia fight, he suffered no other knockdowns at 140, even in the Maidana fight when caught with some huge shots. Being weight-drained at 135 is the main reason Khan had poor punch resistance and I think he's outgrown 140 in the same way so at 147 his punch resistance might improve again.

Comment

I voted for Maidana.

no more ****ing around, Khan needs to be in deep water, every fight he needs to be in DANGER of getting sparked.

Last chance saloon, match him as tough as possible, he either gains the fans respect or next loss he retires.

Comment

I am not sure WW is the right weight for Khan. I believe a lot of the motivation for moving up in weight was based around getting a Mayweather fight that after his recent performances is just not going to happen. Angel Garcia said he wore platform shoes in the build up media events to his son's fight but on fight night Gargia was the bigger man. He went as far as saying he should drop a weight. I think LWW is the right weight for him and if he moves up the power of the punches increases so he is better off staying where he is. THe LWW division has plenty of good fights in there for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
            I am not sure WW is the right weight for Khan. I believe a lot of the motivation for moving up in weight was based around getting a Mayweather fight that after his recent performances is just not going to happen. Angel Garcia said he wore platform shoes in the build up media events to his son's fight but on fight night Gargia was the bigger man. He went as far as saying he should drop a weight. I think LWW is the right weight for him and if he moves up the power of the punches increases so he is better off staying where he is. THe LWW division has plenty of good fights in there for him.
            It's interesting how opinions vary on the right weight division for Khan. I think 147 is a good weight for him, he's starting to look weight-drained again at 140 like he was at 135, which is probably why the team has decided it's better to move up. His punch resistance might stabilize again at 147 like it seemed to for a while at 140. But i can understand why you'd predict that he'd be worse off there.

Comment

kell brook

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
                kell brook
                The Khan vs Brook fight is destined to happen at some stage but i think Brook is more than a tune up, it would be better if Khan fought him as his second 147 fight rather than jump straight into the brook fight asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  Maidana, that fight warranted a rematch.
                  this. i've wanted to see that rematch ever since the first fight.

Comment

With whomever punches the hardest!

Comment

Bradley, Paulie, Alexander...anyone who won't crack his chin and end his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X