No announcement yet.

Pick your Team USA basketball roster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    I had him on one of my updated team USA teams in this thread and got criticized for it.

ppl don't know just how good Irving really is.

honestly, I think Irving is a better fit on the team than Kobe.
    Yeah because Kobe was such a horrible fit when they won the gold.

Comment

I had him on one of my updated team USA teams in this thread and got criticized for it.

He's not a better fit than Kobe. There are already three other great PG's on the team, he'd be out of place. Kobe and Harden are the only SG's on the team. Irving will be on the team someday, but for now, he's not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Yeah because Kobe was such a horrible fit when they won the gold.
        lol. my grandma could have played on that team and they still would have won gold.

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        He's not a better fit than Kobe. There are already three other great PG's on the team, he'd be out of place. Kobe and Harden are the only SG's on the team. Irving will be on the team someday, but for now, he's not needed.
        I'd replace Irving with Kobe at SG and put Harden at SF.

Westbrook would be the other SG.

international ball is different. you can't look at the players positions in the NBA and translate that to the world game. its not the same.

Comment

lol. my grandma could have played on that team and they still would have won gold.

I'd replace Irving with Kobe at SG and put Harden at SF.

Westbrook would be the other SG.

international ball is different. you can't look at the players positions in the NBA and translate that to the world game. its not the same.
          Your Grandma can't play like Kobe and that wasn't the issue. The subject was whether or not he fit better than Irving on the team which he does. I'm going to trust that the people who picked this team know much more than you do about who fits and who doesn't. They have won the last two Gold Medals with their choices. But you're staying true to form with your hater agenda so I understand what you're doing.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

maybe your grandma could have helped that SAME team to better than a bronze at the previous Olympics

Comment

How can any of you even be arguing that Irving should be on the 2012 Dream Team over Kobe? That is like saying Glen Rice should've been on the '92 team over Larry Bird. Seriously.

Comment

he's a combo guard but waaaay better at 1 because his court vision.

look at my list 2 pages back. i got irving off the bench for the scoring option to rondo's court general. but i wouldn't exclude kobe for him.

if anyone could make young players mature and become real game players, it'd be kobe. he's invaluable. no other player around has that intangible ability.

Comment

Your Grandma can't play like Kobe and that wasn't the issue. The subject was whether or not he fit better than Irving on the team which he does. I'm going to trust that the people who picked this team know much more than you do about who fits and who doesn't. They have won the last two Gold Medals with their choices. But you're staying true to form with your hater agenda so I understand what you're doing.
                  the ppl who picked this team would get destroyed by the media if they didn't put Kobe on the team. they are under different kind of pressure.

Irving fits better cuz he could play as a point 2 guard and he would make the right play every time something Kobe can't do.

Comment

the ppl who picked this team would get destroyed by the media if they didn't put Kobe on the team. they are under different kind of pressure.

Irving fits better cuz he could play as a point 2 guard and he would make the right play every time something Kobe can't do.
                    The people who picked this team know it would be stupid not to put Kobe on the team and they want to win. They know he is one of the best players in the league and he has done this before. If he sucked nobody would say a damn thing about him not getting selected. If they pick players based on their emotions and personal dislikes (you), opposed to the best players for the task, come back with a Bronze or nothing, that's when the media would jump on them.

A lot of people from the media don't even like Kobe anyway so nobody believes that weak BS but you. Keep hating.

LOL @ "Irving would make the right play every time."
                    Last edited by joseph5620; 07-09-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

The people who picked this team know it would be stupid not to put Kobe on the team and they want to win. They know he is one of the best players in the league and he has done this before. If he sucked nobody would say a damn thing about him not getting selected. If they pick players based on their emotions and personal dislikes (you), opposed to the best players for the task, come back with a Bronze or nothing, that's when the media would jump on them.

A lot of people from the media don't even like Kobe anyway so nobody believes that weak BS but you. Keep hating.

LOL @ "Irving would make the right play every time."
                      I have nothing personal against Kobe. I just think he's overrated big time. He wants to be the next MJ but he doesn't have the physical tools to do so. He wants to rule the NBA till he's 35 yrs old like MJ did so he takes 28 shots per game and that kills his team. Kobe is trying mentally to do what his body can't. Thats the only problem I have with him and nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                      X