The Dark Side Of Vitaminwater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] The Dark Side Of Vitaminwater

By John Robbins -- Aug. 5, 2010

Now here's something you wouldn't expect. Coca-Cola is being sued by a non-profit public interest group, on the grounds that the company's vitaminwater products make unwarranted health claims. No surprise there. But how do you think the company is defending itself?

In a staggering feat of twisted logic, lawyers for Coca-Cola are defending the lawsuit by asserting that "no consumer could reasonably be misled into thinking vitaminwater was a healthy beverage."

Does this mean that you'd have to be an unreasonable person to think that a product named "vitaminwater," a product that has been heavily and aggressively marketed as a healthy beverage, actually had health benefits...?

...Noting that the soft drink giant wasn't (was not) claiming the lawsuit was wrong on factual grounds, the judge wrote that, "Accordingly, I must accept the factual allegations in the complaint as true."

Click here for the rest of the story in The Huffington Post

The company I work for used to have the distribution rights to Vitamin Water before Coke bought it out. It was really a good beverage before the giant took it over.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
      The company I work for used to have the distribution rights to Vitamin Water before Coke bought it out. It was really a good beverage before the giant took it over.
      Do you think they tinkered around with the ingredients after they bought it?

Comment

Yeah i heard about this while back but didn't hear that quote, classic. I never drank vitamin water just for the fact 50 cent advertised it, and thought since when is he a health nut. then when saw guy from jersey shore I said would never even taste it. guess my logic was correct! hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          Do you think they tinkered around with the ingredients after they bought it?
          All giants tinker once they take over someone else's brand. They make it cheaper, sweeter, & generally more ****ty.

Comment

that ****s nasty taste like sugarless watered down generic kool-aid.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
              All giants tinker once they take over someone else's brand. They make it cheaper, sweeter, & generally more ****ty.
              I honestly don't think it was healthy since it's introduction into the market.

I always ask myself: from where are those vitamins and whatever other ingredients derived from? From natural sources, or are they made in some lab?

Artificial ingredients and synthetic vitamins are no better than ingesting "a little" poison every now and then.

Comment

I've been drinking it lately. Today, before I saw this thread, I did the research and saw it's kind of a gimmick. Can't say I am surprised.

Comment

I stopped drinking vitamin water when I learned about kool aid. **** costs less and tastes damn near the same.

Comment

Man, all you have to do is look at the ingredients. .12 mcg of b12

Comment

Working...
                    X