Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the best time for Floyd vs Sergio!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    It really is the best time for Floyd-Sergio. Sergio would put his lineal strap up at 155 for the payday with zero reservation or remorse...he has been chasing this fight for years already.
    If Mayweather Promotions offers Martinez a PPV payday at 157lb catchweight . . . he couldn't sign the contract fast enough and you all know it.

There is no other PPV payday which even compares and Martinez is on his last legs now. The historical/linear middleweight world title would certainly be worth the effort on Floyd's behalf and at a significantly decreased risk because Sergio is on the downslope

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
      Seriously theirs nobody else and at least Sergio would be coming off a layoff and disputed win with a banged up leg so the playing field is now in Floyds hands for the picking. He would have everything to gain in this fight and the middleweight champ would be a very marketable foe.

Floyds is out of contenders until Pac or Bradley stop letting Arum get in the way and Danny needs a welterweight fight first imo and Thurman is 1-3 fights away.

What do say? I dont think Sergio would care for a tune up for his only shot at Floyd.
      This is what I want...go for five lineal

Comment

Nobody outside this forum knows who sergio is

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
          Nobody outside this forum knows who sergio is
          Except all those people who made his fight with Chavez the biggest non Floyd/Manny PPV of the last five years or so

Comment

Floyd just obliterated a dude who was:

#1 - 13 years younger (Sergio is older than Floyd)
            #2 - Undefeated (Sergio has 2 defeats)
            #3 - Weighed 15lb's more than Floyd on fight night (Sergio would be roughly the same weight on fight night)
            #4 - In his prime (Sergio is in decline and borderline retirement)

I just don't see it being even remotely competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by downklown View Post
              Floyd just obliterated a dude who was:

#1 - 13 years younger (Sergio is older than Floyd)
              #2 - Undefeated (Sergio has 2 defeats)
              #3 - Weighed 15lb's more than Floyd on fight night (Sergio would be roughly the same weight on fight night)
              #4 - In his prime (Sergio is in decline and borderline retirement)

I just don't see it being even remotely competitive.
              I want to see if, and think he can, beat the legit, lineal Middleweight champ. No one else is really competitive either so go for history.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                I want to see if, and think he can, beat the legit, lineal Middleweight champ. No one else is really competitive either so go for history.
                Co-sign
                Mayweather needs motivation and if they make my aforementioned offer of 157lb catchweight PPV then I can GUARANTEE you that Team Martinez would jump on it as a prayer being answered and its easy to build because there's no Top Rank nonsense to deal with.

What other fight would be as rewarding with as little risk as Mayweather vs Martinez PPV for the middleweight world title?

Comment

yea next year would be the perfect time

Comment

It isn't like any other potential opponent has much of a shot anyway. That is unless Floyd gets old quickly.

Comment

If Floyd fought and beat Martinez for the lineal Middleweight title he would have an argument as being the best ever

Comment

Working...
                      X