Pacman vs Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Whitaker vs Nelson , go watch it .
    Oh dear, reloaded. Nelson and Pac are alike, are they? What an absolutely crap comparison. You have come out with some absolute howlers and this one is up there.

Go watch it? I think you should......just take floyd's nuts out of your eye sockets first!

Comment

Whitaker would dominate throughout and win 9 or 10 out of 12 rounds clearly.

So, with Whitaker's luck, I'll say majority draw.

Comment

Manny also doesnt like body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
          Manny also doesnt like body shots.
          Does any fighter?

Comment

i think whitaker get's dropped but wins a majority decision.

Comment

I would not be surprised if Whitaker won 12 rounds.

Comment

Pacquiao couldn't hit Bradley when he was doing the funky chicken...so Whitaker would be a nightmare. But when would Whitaker hit him...since he'll be break dancing all night????

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Its a great fight , and really gives a look at contrasting styles , very similar to how Floyd beats Manny also , brilliant gifted boxers like Whitaker and Floyd will box Mannys ears off.
                  I agree and never understood why Floyd never fought manny he would have won and his credibility would not have takin the hit it did
                  Originally posted by chito View Post
                  does whitaker got a good chin?
                  Whitaker had a great chin despite what people think some say he had no chin some say it never got tested both are wrong he was an aggressive defensive fighter who would throw a whole lot of punches he got hit because you can't throw 80 punches a round and not get hit I only saw him wobbled bad once by Mayweather and it took an uppercut when he was on his knees that almost stood him back up to do it
                  Originally posted by bose View Post
                  What would Wilfredo Rivera or Hurtado think? Check out his fight with Jorge Paez for some amazing defence by Jorge Paez, only man that I know of to make Whitiker look clueless at times and that never happened much in his early career (but I only got to see his career in the later stages the 90's on).
                  He had gotten soft by the time he fought the first 2 and as far as Paez goes I agree with part of what you say in that Paez gave him as good of fight as he had in his prime but didn't even come close to making him look clueless he tore Paez up after he figured him out and won most of the early round while he was figuring him out if anything it was Whitaker trying out a new style of fighting that made him look at all awkward he pulvirized Paez to the body all fight and used the uppercut to perfection
                  Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                  Pacquiao couldn't hit Bradley when he was doing the funky chicken...so Whitaker would be a nightmare. But when would Whitaker hit him...since he'll be break dancing all night????
                  late in his career Whitaker was not fast enough to slip multiple punches and counter like early in his career later it was one or the other He would absolutly punish manny after about round 3 the first three would be close then the fun would start for sweet pea its just the way he fought the better the opponent the longer it took him to get going and figure the guy out but once he did he cruised I give manny 3 rounds tops

Comment

Working...
                  X