No announcement yet.

Thompson TKO 2 Price = McCall TKO 2 Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson TKO 2 Price = McCall TKO 2 Lewis

I say David Price can come back a better fighter as Lennox Lewis did.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

What do you think?
    Yes, I think Price can come back and will still do very well
    25.71%
    No, Price will never be a top heavyweight
    62.86%
    I'm undecided
    11.43%

The poll is expired.

i think Lewis had much more talent and a much better chin and got caught by a much bigger puncher and a much better fighter than a 41y/o fat Thompson and took it better.

Comment

I believe Price can come back and be a top heavyweight contender.

I think he should be with a better promoter like Warren or Hearn though, because Maloney is limited in what he can do for David's career.

Comment

Price is no Lewis but he'll learn from last night. He's a very level-headed guy with physical gifts and huge power in a very weak division. He remains a contender.

Comment

Who is this Price anyway?

Comment

It almost looked like a rabbit punch, similar to the one Danny Green landed on Roy Jones Jr.

It ****ed up his ear, but he wasn't hurt. It was a 1 in 10,000 shot that ****ed up his ear.

But make no mistake, David Price needs to use his height and reach or this can happen again.

Comment

The biggest thing for me about last night is it showed the guys Wlad has defended against over the years are no mugs, despite what many fools on esb and here claim.

Comment

He should get a better trainer...

Of course he can recover.. i am not sure what the hell that punch was.. it looked like nothing.. but apparently it perforated his ear drum and destroyed his balance.

Maybe it was a lucky punch who knows? Price was starting to look good.. that round..

He needs to fight thompson again.. next hopefully and avenge this loss.. don't do a Khan and have a prescott situation all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  I believe Price can come back and be a top heavyweight contender.

I think he should be with a better promoter like Warren or Hearn though, because Maloney is limited in what he can do for David's career.
                  It wasn't his promotor in the ring last night. If Price was for real, he wouldn't lose to such an untrained opponent.

Of course anybody can be hit with a templeshot and perform the dance of the babygiraffes, but this was a terrible loss at a time where Thompson was the best opponent Price has ever faced. Lummox had wins over better fighters before his loss to McCall, so it was easier to regain confidence for him than it is for Price.

This was a terrible loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    It wasn't his promotor in the ring last night. If Price was for real, he wouldn't lose to such an untrained opponent.

Of course anybody can be hit with a templeshot and perform the dance of the babygiraffes, but this was a terrible loss at a time where Thompson was the best opponent Price has ever faced. Lummox had wins over better fighters before his loss to McCall, so it was easier to regain confidence for him than it is for Price.

This was a terrible loss.
                    yeah it was shocking, he can come back and win a few fights, but i think we can forget about Price becoming a force in the division. Still think he beats Fury though lol.

He needs to stop leaving himself so open, but he's no spring chicken.

Comment

Working...
                    X