Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez, Whitaker, Mayweather, Pacman: Who Had the Strongest Run as P4P King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitaker without a doubt. Some say Jones and i agree to a point with that too cause i remember thinking at the time if there was anyone who could hang with him but for me Whitaker was on top of a heavy division and had a impressive run in that time so ill vote for him.

Comment

Money or Sweet Pea.

Comment

To everyone mentioning Roy Jones, I'm probably a bigger Roy fan than all of you but if you read my opening post I'm talking about fighters that Ring Magazine had ranked number one for 3 or more consecutive years.

These are the only four that ever accomplished that feat.

Comment

18 years....on top of da game.......no losses....andx since he been in da game.....he's been da man......even wit bob arum holding him down.....this shouldn't be a question........money may easyy!!!!

2nd should be roy jones jr.....he dominated his division to point it was boring....untill he got old and his movie career ****ed him up...

Pac has lost fights...fficially..and a lot more fights he should've lost unofficialy.....

Besides meldrick taylor.....and2 or 3 other fighters....chavez fought buncha nobodies..... just my opinion.

Comment

my vote goes to whitaker. i thought whitaker beat chavez when they fought and mcgirt x2 and vasquez are pretty solid wins.

the only really wortwhile names on chavez' resume during that time (that he won against) were taylor and camacho.

floyd's resume just wasnt all that impressive during those years. brusseles, gatti, mitchell, judah coming off a loss, and baldomir. and i suppose from a technical stand-point, he should have been disqualified in the judah fight when roger came into the ring.

i thought marquez beat pacquiao in their 2nd and 3rd meetings so he should have taken a couple L's during his reign.

off-topic, but i think this says a lot about oscar de la hoya's resume. he fought all 4 of these guys. i feel like the only guy he really missed was winky wright

Comment

lol..I see the Chavez voters voting in silence

Comment

in reality floyd never lost his throne and has been #1 since hopkins lost in 05............

Comment

ill pick chavez for this, but i think roy jones has been the top p4p fighter that was feared unlike moneymay they kno they wont get hurt just out box, with chavez or pacman they would get punish, with roy it was jus amazing u wouldnt kno whats next

Comment

Sweet Pea during the times tc is talking about. Chavez coming in at a close 2nd. Floyd at third...and (as a big Pac fan) i dont feel he even belongs in the discussion since his #1 ranking is seriously up to debate and was only there by default.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                      off-topic, but i think this says a lot about oscar de la hoya's resume. he fought all 4 of these guys. i feel like the only guy he really missed was winky wright
                      That's a good point, but I don't feel he deserved the nod over Roy Jones after his "win" over Whitaker.

Comment

Working...
                      X