Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arcade Talk Game Review Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try to have something up for Forza 4 when I get it in a few weeks, played demo and it was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post

Conclusion:

Morrowind in my opinion, is the greatest western RPG to ever exist. It has infinite replay potential and is just an absolutely wonderful game. Very nostalgic, those who are true Elder Scrolls fans will probably never rate another RPG as high as Morrowind.

Big BRICKS' final verdict on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

10/10
      Yep but I have high hopes for Skyrim.

Great view though, dude.

Comment

Batman Arkham Citeh

PROS: Teh graphics are great, brilliant visuals. Batman's badass, Teh Joker's sick, Teh Riddler's slick, Catwoman's teh sexiest piece of arse in video game history. It's Batman. What else is there to say? If you don't have teh game, you're a worthless ****.

CONS:
        Your Mother

Me Rating: 9.666/10
        Last edited by BOLLOCKS; 11-16-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Skyrim (RPG):
          -Review thus far- May be subject to change.
          Pro's: One of the best role playing games since oblivion, huge open world, great story, tons of content and freedom. Won't find a better bang for your buck this year. 100+ hours if you are a completionist. replay value.

Cons: animations are a bit stiff, a few broken quests, some of the features are superficial and feels like an afterthought (marriage, lol), minor annoyances like random spawning dragons killing off quest NPCs and a few texture glitches. A bit dumbed down with lots of exploits.

Overall - 9.1

Shogun 2 (RTS/Turn based):
          Pro's: Immensely beautiful, the amount of details on individual soldiers are crazy. Huge battles and great diplomacy features. loads of content and great mulitiplayer options. Extremely long singleplayer and great replay value in multiplayer.

Con's: Lack of variety between the individual clans make for a more stale singleplayer re-play experience. AI cheats to kill you off.

Overall score: 9
          Last edited by Grand Champ; 11-16-2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Pros: Sick graphics, huge open world, tons to do with dlc coming, totally worth $60. Game of the Year.

Cons: Like every bethesda game, glitches, but not to the point of ruining the game like Fallout Vegas.

Rating: 9.5

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Pros: More characters, a couple more modes and the online is way better. Similar to SSFIV.

Cons: Better than MVC3 but not by much, worth $40.

Rating: 8.8

Comment

Batman: Arkham City

Gameplay: Tremendous. Maybe it was because I wasn't used to the 360 controller since I have Arkham Asylum for PS3, but I did have a few moments where the combat did weird things, but it was still very fun. The Predator gameplay is amazing with some new enemy tactics to make it harder, the crime scene parts are still really cool, and the open city makes the exploration a kajillion times more rewarding.

Graphics: Not the greatest detail in the environment or characters, but the art style makes up for it. The animations are nearly flawless.

Audio: Fits the mood of the situation at all times. Voice acting is amazing from Batman and the main villains, Mark Hamill is awesome as ever as The Joker, everyone else is meh.

Replay Value: As high as a game of it's style can be. Outside of Skyrim, no game will have more replay value this year.

Overall: 9.8 out of 10. Best comic book inspired game ever, and it's not close. Blows Arkham Asylum away.

Comment

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gameplay: Very good, massive improvement over the rest of the series. Melee combat finally feels satisfying, and magic is the most useful it's ever been in an Elder Scrolls game for me. Level up system is cool. Too easy a game though, once you get to around level 20 or 30, especially if you focus all your perks on a couple of skills.

Graphics: Good but not great. With a world this big you'll see some locations that are off the charts, but overall Skyrim is solid without being good enough to win awards for it's graphics. The designs of all the races look better than ever. As with all Bethesda games, there are bugs and glitches, though nothing particularly game ruining.

Audio: Wrongly unmentioned, it's really good. Very surprised at how much I noticed it, because of it's great quality. Voice acting is solid enough to not notice, which is a good thing.

Replay Value: Come on, it's an Elder Scrolls game. You can play this for the next five years and still come across something you've never seen.

Overall: 10 out of 10. Truly great evolution of the series, and about as good a Western RPG as has ever existed.

Comment

BF 3

Pros: It has more vehicles, with the new addition of jets.
                  more guns, this time around you can actually customize your kit and weapons.
                  You can rank up your guns to unlock things like different types of ammo, scopes, bipods, silencers etc. You can rank up your kits to unlock different weapons or skills. This applies to tanks, helicopters, Jets which you can unlock things like Stealth, Radars, Flares etc.
                  The over all handling is smoother and more interactive.
                  Rheres different game modes which make the online faster paced

Cons: Glitches, buildings aren't as destructible as before as a result there's more camping. Sniping kinda sucks now. AA guns are terrible and almost never bring down enemy planes, or helicopters.

My rating: 8.5/10

Comment

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Gameplay: The best motion controls ever. Very rarely did I have problems with the game not tracking the movements of the controller, which is rare in Wii games. The motion controls led to the best combat of any Zelda game by far, which is fun from the weakest enemies to the toughest bosses. Flying between islands in the hub world can be annoying, but I never had a problem. This game has my absolute favorite ending boss fights in the entire series as well.

Graphics: For those of us that are always playing PS3 And Xbox games, you won't be impressed at all by the graphics, but it's in the running for best looking Wii game ever. Very bright and colorful, and the enemies and characters are all really well designed, as are the environments.

Audio: Typical high quality for a Zelda game, though I'm sure many of you would be annoyed by the lack of voice acting. Maybe the music isn't as memorable as other Zelda games, but it's still very good.

Replay Value: Decent to somewhat high. There's a New Game Plus type mode after you beat it the first time, with stuff you can unlock, but you can see everything the game has to offer in 2 or 3 playthroughs. Tons to do within the game itself, and it's fun enough I know I'll be going back multiple times.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10. This is the best game I've played this year, and I loved it. The gameplay is so fun, the story is really good and makes you relate to the characters more than any other Zelda game, and everything about the game ranks near or at the top of of the best any Zelda game has ever been. Hard to imagine anyone who has ever liked a Zelda game not liking this game. Up there with Super Mario Galaxy 2 as the best Wii game ever.

Comment

Damn Bojang you're given out perfect scores like it's nothing 2 perfect games this year alone for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X