Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is worse, Pac-Rios or Pac-Alergeri?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac was coming off a terrible loss when he fought Rios and tons of people on here said Rios would crush him. In hindsight, it's easy to pretend that we knew it all along but few expected a complete shut out like that. He was a great opponent, at the time.

Algieri is game and even a threat, but the fight makes no sense for Pac because he gets no credit and the risk is there.

Comment

People actually defend both these fights. Ive fckin seen it all now.

Comment

Tell me your ****ing true handle so I could put you on my sig troll!

Comment

Rios was coming if a lost and Algieri coming of the bigest win of his career.Still not compeling fight but.....

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
            People actually defend both these fights. Ive fckin seen it all now.
            Trash defends trash I guess you could say.

Comment

I don't think Pacman/Algeri is a bad fight at all. In fact I think it's a terrible style matchup for Pacman.

Comment

Rios was a bad fight but considering Pac was coming off a devastating KO defeat it was almost acceptable.

A Pacquiao-Alergeri fight is a complete an utter farce. Pacman is coming off a win against a top 10 P4P for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
                  Pac making a Jr Welter brawler who had just lost his last bought come up in weight or Pac fighting Alergeri, an unknown ESPN level fighter who got a shot by beating up another ESPN level fighter?

You know, you gotta think the ONLY thing that could possibly save that crappy PPV would be to have a decent undercard. Unfortunately I don't need to remind you how minuscule the undercard bouts are at Top Rank.

Cast your vote.
                  Both were bad, but at least Rios had a name before the Manny fight. Well before the Manny fight. No one knew Algieri before he beat Ruslan, it's just not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Both were bad, but at least Rios had a name before the Manny fight. Well before the Manny fight. No one knew Algieri before he beat Ruslan, it's just not enough.
                    A name? What was he known for exactly other than simply "the loser guy who couldn't even beat one dimensional C fighter Alvarado"?

Comment

Both are and were undeserving. Making them move up in weight doesn't help give these fights any legitimacy. Let's not forget that Rios lost his prior bout before facing Manny. Was actually losing to Alvarado in their first fight before coming back and got humiliated and given a gift against Abril.

At least Algeiri defeated somebody of note so I guess that's that. But neither fight is interesting whatsoever. So I guess the Rios fight was worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X