No announcement yet.

***The Official Gun/Ammo Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
    That problem has been corrected by Glock. The "kaboom" on the early Glock .40 S&W caliber was due to the barrel design.

The original Glock barrel does not fully support the brass case at the rear.

I still have to experience jamming on the new Glock models. Misfirings can be due to either bullet primer problems or firing pin defects, but more on the former.

never said they didn't fix it.

unless you use old ammo, primer issues shouldn't happen all the time.

sometimes you get a bad batch too.

but if it happens too often with different batches of ammo, IT'S THE GUN.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
      .380 has the fastest velocity in the small caliber category. It is however, not very good as primary self defense gun unless the user is proficient in bullet placement. If concealment is the priority and if the purpose is for back up gun, then and only then can this caliber be considered.

Walther makes one of the best .380... James Bond gun.
      .380 is good enough.

not the ideal choice but good enough.

if you got a gf, wife, sis or senior citizen that is recoil sensitive.

get them one of those high cap .380.

browning bda, brno cz-83, beretta 84f, etc.

13-14 rounds of .380 jhp will get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        guns are tools.

you need different tools for different jobs.

you don't use a sledgehammer to hang a picture frame, you don't use a ballpin hammer to knock down walls....

every gun, caliber has their purpose.

don't tell me what i believe especially when you can't read properly.

"better a .380 on you than a .45 at home"

read that again. you'll figure out.
        cut me some slack I read it wrong, I had no coffee in the system.

about the .380 I rather save up a couple hundred more and buy a Glock 17 or something similar...

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
          im suprised no one has any colts or walthers. best gun you can get is a 9mm high power......
          colt has gone downhill the last 20 years or so.

the best ar-15's and 1911's aren't even made by colt imo.

colt really screwed up.

first, guys like bushmaster and springfield took their bread and butter ar-15, 1911 sales.

then they dropped their revolvers because "the future was in high capacity polymer autos"

problem is revolver sales surged after the assault weapons ban.

then the "future" pistol they developed , 2000 all american, was a complete failure.

walther is a different story. they just never bothered much with the u.s. market imo. they just let guys like interarms and s&w import their guns. i guess ppks sell themself. walther does very little marketing in the u.s.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            cut me some slack I read it wrong, I had no coffee in the system.

about the .380 I rather save up a couple hundred more and buy a Glock 17 or something similar...
            hey i'd rather carry a glock 9 than a .380 in a gunfight too.

but .380 has their purpose and while not powerful is still good enough.

euro cops use to carry .32 and .380 as standard back in the days.

and this was before +P pressures and modern jhp.

Comment

hey i'd rather carry a glock 9 than a .380 in a gunfight too.

but .380 has their purpose and while not powerful is still good enough.

euro cops use to carry .32 and .380 as standard back in the days.

and this was before +P pressures and modern jhp.
              a .380 on your ankle as a back up at close range I'm all for it.
              check out this back up .45 Colt Defender belongs to my father, got to shoot it lady summer powerful as fu•k! gun will jump out your hand if not held properly.

Comment

colt has gone downhill the last 20 years or so.

the best ar-15's and 1911's aren't even made by colt imo.

colt really screwed up.

first, guys like bushmaster and springfield took their bread and butter ar-15, 1911 sales.

then they dropped their revolvers because "the future was in high capacity polymer autos"

problem is revolver sales surged after the assault weapons ban.

then the "future" pistol they developed , 2000 all american, was a complete failure.

walther is a different story. they just never bothered much with the u.s. market imo. they just let guys like interarms and s&w import their guns. i guess ppks sell themself. walther does very little marketing in the u.s.
                The RIA who some disregard is coming out with some quality pieces...just sayin....this 1911 im getting at the end of the month (do other states have a 10 day waiting period or is this just in cali?) stands up to any other maker of 1911's....and the price is right for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                  The RIA who some disregard is coming out with some quality pieces...just sayin....this 1911 im getting at the end of the month (do other states have a 10 day waiting period or is this just in cali?) stands up to any other maker of 1911's....and the price is right for sure!!
                  rock islands are made in philippines i think.

waiting period is national. some states have longer periods than federal.

last time i bought a gun "legally" it was a 30 day wait.

not sure if it was background check + waiting period that took so long.

Comment

rock islands are made in philippines i think.

waiting period is national. some states have longer periods than federal.

last time i bought a gun "legally" it was a 30 day wait.

not sure if it was background check + waiting period that took so long.
                    Yeah the RIA is made in the Philippines....I guess some kats don't dig that it's not "American made" but at the end of the day it's a great piece....well at least the 1911 version (I did all the research) this .45 full size (5 inch barrel) brings it for sure....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                      Yeah the RIA is made in the Philippines....I guess some kats don't dig that it's not "American made" but at the end of the day it's a great piece....well at least the 1911 version (I did all the research) this .45 full size (5 inch barrel) brings it for sure....
                      philipines makes good quality 1911 and ar-15.

they've been license producing m16 for over 30 years.

and 45's have god like status in philippines.

it comes from philippines using 1911 and thompson smg's since when philippines was still u.s. territory.

when i was growing up i use to think .45 was best and 9mm was weak. a lot of myth and urban legends about .45.

what kind of 1911 are you getting? my baby sister loves my colt gov't.

Comment

Working...
                      X