Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the best fighters always end up broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    African American boxers are most likely to go broke, if they're apart of the hip hop community, and have a bunch of groupies/leaches.

Always gotta stunt at the clubs. One up the next guy. Buy the newest, freshest accessories. List goes on and on. When you come from nothing, then you're going to want to show your wealth.

Before someone says, "But what about guys from Europe, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, etc.?"

Their culture isn't like America's "bling bling" culture. Ofcourse, some are, but it's mainly African American athletes that are apart of the "hip hop" culture.

INb4: "What about Ward!?"
    Good post

you'll never catch a Pacquiao, Martinez or Klitschko

doing stuff like this at clubs

American Hip Hop culture demands that young people try to have "stacks" and that they can make it rain at clubs. It's ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      So boxing is the only source of income for him?
      You guys should seriously go to the Philippines then and try to not see his face somewhere.
      He has another show and even his own line of freaking energy drinks..... while having a job on the side where he basically does nothing.
      People don't understand, that when you're a god in your country, you don't go broke.

There are way too many opportunities for him to cash in on any random thing.

Where as in America, there are way too many celebrities, that you're just a dime a dozen. If my lovely, beautiful, talented, gorgeous, Katy Perry died tomorrow, it would be news worthy for a week or 3, and that's it.

If Manny died tomorrow, the whole country of the Phillipines would stop. I'm talking, EVERYTHING would stop.
      Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-03-2013, 01:23 AM.

Comment

No education.

Give a random street kid 100 million dollars and i think it's all gone within 10 years.

Comment

Floyd's selling folders and stickers while Pacquiao is a God in his country. I think Pac will be fine. First pic in that link is Pac's badass line of Nike shoes which are hot in America and PI.

I wonder who Floyd's selling his folders to?
          Last edited by thuggery; 02-03-2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            People don't understand, that when you're a god in your country, you don't go broke.

There are way too many opportunities for him to cash in on any random thing.

Where as in America, there are way too many celebrities, that you're just a dime a dozen. If my lovely, beautiful, talented, gorgeous, Katy Perry died tomorrow, it would be news worthy for a week or 3, and that's it.

If Manny died tomorrow, the whole country of the Phillipines would stop. I'm talking, EVERYTHING.
            Dude's the face of a soy sauce brand... i forget which one it was, but I couldn't walk into an SM without seeing his face on some product. Soy Sauce, Paper Towels, energy drinks.... shoot.... everywhere.
            There are a good amount of Celebs in the Philippines too (not as much as America) but Pacquiao is no doubt in the higher echelons of celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              I don't think the Klitschko's or Pacquiao will go broke.
              I reckon Pac will. Unless he's able to stick out a career in parliament, there will always be too many leeches hanging around sucking him dry slowly. It happens all the time.

If they're generous, scum just slide into their lives and just leech off them. Guys like Koncz. Bleed him dry over the years.

Doesn't matter how Godly they are, once they are done with boxing, they will get very little income. Everything will dry up and unless they are very smart and have invested everything, a lot of will disappear very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Good post

you'll never catch a Pacquiao, Martinez or Klitschko

doing stuff like this at clubs

American Hip Hop culture demands that young people try to have "stacks" and that they can make it rain at clubs. It's ******ed.
                Christ, that's just sad. For a guy with the supposed macho and ego of Mayweather he seems to feel it necessary to show off some really stupid **** a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  I reckon Pac will. Unless he's able to stick out a career in parliament, there will always be too many leeches hanging around sucking him dry slowly. It happens all the time.

If they're generous, scum just slide into their lives and just leech off them. Guys like Koncz. Bleed him dry over the years.

Doesn't matter how Godly they are, once they are done with boxing, they will get very little income. Everything will dry up and unless they are very smart and have invested everything, a lot of will disappear very quickly.
                  I don't know about his parliament business. If he's serious about it after boxing he might be able to do work in it due to his influence and relationship.
                  If that doesn't work out for it, he can always turn to the media, probably get a show on TFC or something.
                  Even then, he has MP promotions. Koncz will be there, but that'll still be a source of revenue if he can get it going.
                  What I'm trying to say is he has a lot of options in the PI.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    All those rumors from varying sources about Manny taking loans from Arum a few years back.
                    rafael reported pac needed an advance on his last fight with JMM. I think hes already broke they just havent told him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      So boxing is the only source of income for him?
                      You guys should seriously go to the Philippines then and try to not see his face somewhere.
                      He has another show and even his own line of freaking energy drinks..... while having a job on the side where he basically does nothing.
                      All that will stop when he retires though. Duran is fine now and he blew and gave away much more money than Pac, so maybe he will be fine. But, I do know that Duran was financially destitute for a while there.

Lately he seems to be doing better with books, movies, TV reality shows in Panama and his band, but he was broke for a while and he was easily as big, probably bigger, than Pac is currently in his country.

You get used to just blowing absurd amount of money, then when it stops coming in, it goes really fast.

Ray Robinson was filthy rich as was Joe Louis and many others. They were all broke later on.

Comment

Working...
                      X