No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins is the most Underrated fighter of our Era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins is the most Underrated fighter of our Era

I mean his entire career this guy has been nonstop fighting the best and toughest challenges available to him and he near beat every damn one of them.

Forget Floyd and Forget Pacquiao, B-Hop has undoubtedly THE best resume of any ****ing fighter in this century.

He KO'd Glen Johnson when he was undefeated.

He KO'd Trinidad when he was undefeated and looking unstoppable.

He KO'd Oscar

He moved up in weight and UD'd a legit Light Heavyweight in Antonio Tarver coming from a Roy Jones KO in his first fight at 175

I thought he beat Calzaghe, who was undefeated.

He embarassed an undefeated Kelly Pavlik when he was looking unstoppable as an old man

He became the oldest World Champion of all time and embarassed Pascal twice

He destroyed Tavoris Cloud's career.

And to top it all off, as a ****ing Grandpa, this guy challenged the most dangerous ****ing light heavyweight in the world, in his prime, and was the first guy to survive 12 Against Kovalev.

Bernard Hopkins is a ****ing legend and the best fighter of our era. Mayweather's career doesn't even come close and Pacquiao arguably comes close.

BH is a career of two half's.
    In the first part when young and in prime he kind of cherry picked and didnt do much.
    Second half different story. Better than Floyd but not pac cos of 9 division titilist

Comment

BHop is one of the most overrated by fans fighters.He has good resume but no way an ATG. One third of his significant wins were over small guys, another third are impressive only if we consider his age. His impressive wins are Tarver, Tito and Pavlik. So its definetely one of the best resumes of his era, but nowhere near Pac's resume.

Comment

He has some good wins at an advanced age too but I don't know if he's underrated.He lost to a prime Jones ,but two to Taylor Calzaghe and two to Dawson ,I think he gets about the right amount of praise.The kind of antics he pulled in the first Allen fight,the Calzaghe low blow,the glass back of the head thing in Jones 2 and the Dawson flat out quit in the first fight don't have him up there with the Haglers of this world for me though.

Comment

Hopkins absolutely does not have a better resume than Mayweather or Pacquiao. Not even close.

He's third behind them, and that's fine. That's a great career. No need to exaggerate and say he was better. He sure as **** didn't destroy Tavoris Cloud's career. Cloud had been exposed before Hopkins ever came around. Probably why Hopkins eventually did come calling. And like it or not, the first Pascal fight was close enough that it was certainly no robbery.

Comment

Being from the UK you should see the looks I get when I say bhop beat calzaghe

Comment

hes underrated on comment boards but not amongst real boxing fans, pro fighters, and people who have actually trained in the sport

Comment

Na Calzaghe beat him. Hopkins had to fight unfair, cheat & stall to keep it competitive! He couldn't UD Calzaghe otherwise! Even that failed!

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                  He has some good wins at an advanced age too but I don't know if he's underrated.He lost to a prime Jones ,but two to Taylor Calzaghe and two to Dawson ,I think he gets about the right amount of praise.The kind of antics he pulled in the first Allen fight,the Calzaghe low blow,the glass back of the head thing in Jones 2 and the Dawson flat out quit in the first fight don't have him up there with the Haglers of this world for me though.
                  exactly, this guy had some great wins, However he had trouble with Robert Allen, Was hurt badly by freaking segundo Mercado. Quit on Dawson, Talked all that stuff about never losing to a white boy . Got his butt kicked by Calzaghe and Kovalev. Got dominated of course by a prime Roy Jones. Yeah he had a great career, but he isn't Hagler that is for sure.

Comment

Hard to root for a guy who purposely tries to get people disqualified.Think the Mercado fight was the best one I ever saw him in.More than a few blown up welters on his record too,and we all know that's not allowed.��

Comment

Working...
                    X