• carlos zarate vs orlando canizales

who wins?
    how?
    discuss

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    who wins?
    how?
    discuss
    Zarate was a pinpoint puncher with crushing power. Canazalez was an excellent fighter, but he didn't have the pop to hold off Zarate.

Comment

Zarate.... Dude was damn near unbeatable at bantam and was a great finisher..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Zarate.... Dude was damn near unbeatable at bantam and was a great finisher..
        American TV audiences were excited to see Zarate once they were finally aware of him, because of his awesome KO record accumulated against nonen******. But as I remember it everyone he was on TV with beat him like a tow-headed stepchild. The guys who beat him were really good, so it is hard to know how good he actually was or if he was past it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          American TV audiences were excited to see Zarate once they were finally aware of him, because of his awesome KO record accumulated against nonen******. But as I remember it everyone he was on TV with beat him like a tow-headed stepchild. The guys who beat him were really good, so it is hard to know how good he actually was or if he was past it.
          welll he did lose after moving up in weight, so... i dunno!

but i really like canizales' style, wonder what itd look like if they fought

Comment

Zarate's only two losses (aside from his ill advised late 30's comeback) was a KO loss to ATG Wilfredo Gomez in a higher weight class and a terribly scored decision loss to Lupe Pintor. Nobody else even came close.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Zarate's only two losses (aside from his ill advised late 30's comeback) was a KO loss to ATG Wilfredo Gomez in a higher weight class and a terribly scored decision loss to Lupe Pintor. Nobody else even came close.
              This^^^^^^^^

Comment

Comment

was lupe pintor fight a robbery?
                  i think ill watch that fight next.
                  btw, how do you guys think zarate rank p4p in his era? and how about now? and all time?
                  (not implying hes that good, just curious how good he was compared to other ATGs)

Comment

Great Fight

Canizales, was an excellent technical fighter, he was great at parrying, and counterpunching, and he knock you out, a solid defensive fighter, and a very smart fighter, I see him giving Zarate all he can handle, but I also see Carlos catching up with him and Putting him down in the middle rounds, and then Knocking him out or on a TKO a couple of rounds later, in what would be a great fight.

I just went back before writing this and watched a couple of Canizales's fights and i had recently watched Zarate, so I'm pretty confident in this choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X