Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cringe the sec. I hear Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cringe the sec. I hear Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith...

say one word about boxing...

Its obvious they haven't a clue when it comes to the sweet science...They should stick to football & basketball...they don't even pretend to know what they're talkin about...just repeat stuff they prolly read here...smh

Smith's nutthugery for Floyd is quite annoying.

Comment

I think Steph Smith actually knows a bit about Boxing, Skip on the other hand has no clue what so ever. The only boxers he could name are Pacquiao and Mayweather. Ask him about any other boxer and he would have no clue.

Comment

Yea I mean of course there not going to be well versed enthusiast on boxing like people on this site but there voice is very important and their bashing for Floyd avoiding Manny this past couple months has been very effective IMO.

You can be d@mn sure that Stephen A. and Skip Bayless have interns or writers that give them the general consensus on the arguing points for both sides. You can't take them seriously and Pacquiao said it best when he jokingly said Stephen A. is like a cartoon character. They full well know that it is not about them but about the talking points of boxing drama. To keep a fluid debate going they pick opposing sides of the argument. Thankfully Stephen A. was vigilant enough to side with the fans and take on Floyd's attempt to fight Khan instead. You can get mad all you want about skip bayless and he knows his talking points are offensive and mostly wrong but the same can be said with what Stephen A. says. They basically argue between two extremes. Like democrats debating republicans.

Comment

stephen a smith is like a lot of floyd fans, though. Thinks he's intelligent (check). Doesn't know what he's talking about (check). Roots for him because they're the same race (check). Overlooks his past of beating women over the span of three decades (check).

All in a day's work.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbrain28 View Post
            I think Steph Smith actually knows a bit about Boxing, Skip on the other hand has no clue what so ever. The only boxers he could name are Pacquiao and Mayweather. Ask him about any other boxer and he would have no clue.
            I give Stephen A credit for bein able to pronounce Juan Manuel Marquez. Other than that he's clueless about boxing. All he says is "I think floyd will knock Manny pacquiao out"

Comment

Skip bayless in particular has no clue

Comment

Oh and "Floyd doesn't wanna do business with Bob Arum" and "Floyd is a dear friend of mine, so is Tom Brady and Joe Montana, Dick Butkus, and Babe Ruth an them boys."

Comment

Skip actually used to cover quite a bit of boxing back in the day when it was more of a mainstream sport.
                  But I agree, they both have no idea about the current landscape of the sport its hard to watch. They should at least bring in fat dan to have an expert.

Comment

ESPN ridiculousness

Comment

Working...
                    X