No announcement yet.

Famous draws in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous draws in boxing history

Most fans detest the draw verdict. I think that since there is no overtime in boxing, fights that are scored even should be a draw. Nothing wrong with that.

Nevertheless, what I'm looking for are genuine draws announced after the fight when both fighters get their hand raised. No "no decisions". "technical draws" or "newspaper decisions", etc. The three categories are:

Most famous draw

Best fight that ended in a draw

Worst draw decision

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Most fans detest the draw verdict. I think that since there is no overtime in boxing, fights that are scored even should be a draw. Nothing wrong with that.

Nevertheless, what I'm looking for are genuine draws announced after the fight when both fighters get their hand raised. No "no decisions". "technical draws" or "newspaper decisions", etc. The three categories are:

Most famous draw

Best fight that ended in a draw

Worst draw decision

Worst draw that I have seen was Lewis-Holyfield 1

Best fight ending in a draw is tough for me because I have not seen a lot of draws.

Most famous? Whitaker-Chavez has to be up there and arguably one of the worst too.

Sosa-Williams1 was the best I have seen.

Comment

Good thread

Of the draws i have witnessed first hand

worst draw- lewis-holyfield

best draw- Manny-jmm 1

famous- whittaker-chavez

Comment

Chavez-Whitaker is the most famous and absolute worst. Chavez at no time was in that fight.

Winky-Taylor I think was a good Draw. Very underrated fight too.

Id mention a fight like Lara-Molina and any Ruiz-Valeuv/Holyfield fight because damn those fights were so horrible too watch I couldnt possibly score them they were so dull.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I don't consider any draw good. I say let them fight a sudden death round or make fights have an odd number of rounds to avoid them.

Comment

Toney - McCallum I is up there among the best.

Comment

Famous:
              Whitaker-Chavez
              Pacquiao-Marquez I
              Leonard-Hearns II

Best:
              Toney-McCallum I
              Benn-Eubank II

Worst:
              Lewis-Holyfield I
              Holyfield-Ruiz III
              Rahman-Toney I

Comment

Whitaker-Chavez
                Lewis-Holyfield
                and
                Leonard-Hearns II are among the worst decisions

Though Nelson-Fenech I, Dokes-Weaver, Martinez-Cintron, Boudouani-G. Jones I, Starling-Breland and Eubanks-Benn each drew controversy.

Personally I think Quartey-Lopez was among the best fights.

Perhaps one of the most famous and another of my favorites was Hagler-Vito Antuofermo
                Last edited by TBear; 12-26-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  I don't consider any draw good. I say let them fight a sudden death round or make fights have an odd number of rounds to avoid them.
                  The problem with an odd number of rounds is that an even round, a point deduction, or a knockdown puts the fight right back on the same path.

Comment

The funny draw was Leonard-Hearns 2, the scores were 113-112 (each for Leonard and Hearns) and 112-112, there were 2 knockdowns suffered by Leonard in the fight, so at worst, close scores would be 114-112 and 113-113, did the judges gave Leonard a 10-8 round in the 12th for that wicked, last ditch assault, there is no way any round can be 10-8 except in the 3rd and 11th round for Hearns.

Comment

Working...
                    X