No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
    I think that every fighter in that weight class will get hurt from that left hand .he took it good but I bet that most 130 would have gotten paquiao'd
    Farenas has good power. He can hurt anyone with a solid shot. Gamboa took more punches than I'd like to see from a slow guy, but he took them well.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
      So Broner doesnt have foot speed? Movement? Or angles? Broner beats Gamboa, maybe stops him late.
      I dont think so man..actually I never see gamboa lose more than 2 rounds in a fight..un like broner who lose to ponce a guy who gamboa clearly play with..they both weighted 148 in their last fight..can be done..I got gamboa for late ko or UD

Comment

• Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
        I dont think so man..actually I never see gamboa lose more than 2 rounds in a fight..un like broner who lose to ponce a guy who gamboa clearly play with..they both weighted 148 in their last fight..can be done..I got gamboa for late ko or UD
        Gamboa is a talented fighter, but Broner is a level ahead. Styles make fights and Broner would walk Gamboa down and stop him late.

Comment

Gamboa is a talented fighter, but Broner is a level ahead. Styles make fights and Broner would walk Gamboa down and stop him late.
          Only in your mind bro..only in your bias mind...

Comment

• I thought Broner would struggle before, now I think Broner could possibly KO Gamboa.

Gamboa would need to fight completely different than what he did last night to have a shot I think.

Comment

• Im far from biased. Broner actually annoys me. Gamboa has speed and can punch but i wouldnt say he hits as hard as demarco. Would be a great fight and one id definately pay for.

Comment

So Broner doesnt have foot speed? Movement? Or angles? Broner beats Gamboa, maybe stops him late.
                With Broner's wide stance, his foot speed and movement aren't good, no. He's a very good fighter, but his foot speed is a problem...you can't walk down someone that you cant catch.

Don't think that Gamboa from last night would be the same Gamboa against Broner. He cruised through that fight, feeling like he could do what he wanted when he wanted. His hands were down, he was throwing leads from the hands down position...he doesn;t do that silly stuff when he is in with someone he considers a real threat.

We'll see when the fight happens, I'm comfortable going with Gamboa.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Don't put too much stock in a performance put in after fifteen months of inactivity. For the record, I give Broner the edge in this match-up. But the Gamboa you saw last night isn't the same fighter you'd see against Broner. Quite frankly, even the "Ciclon" that showed up on the Pacquiao undercard didn't look too bad.
                  I'm sure if Gamboa remains active, he would come in a lot better against Broner if the fight happened a year from now. That said, I still seriously doubt Gamboa has what it takes to beat Broner.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Farenas has good power. He can hurt anyone with a solid shot. Gamboa took more punches than I'd like to see from a slow guy, but he took them well.
                    Farenas hits as hard as broner?

Comment

• Im baffled. After seeinng Gamboa last night, Id bet good money that Broner blitzes this cat. I didnt read all 100 some odd responses but so far Im shocked to see peeps making excuses for Gamboa getting beat on. Sure he's been knocked down and off balance before but never that consistently rocked.

Comment

Working...
                      X