Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumours of McGregor retiring after UFC 205?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours of McGregor retiring after UFC 205?

Anyone seen these rumours floating about?

Complete horse **** or something to them? Sounds like dog shoite to me but wonder what his announcement could be about.

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor eyes to become the first man to hold two UFC belts with his fight against lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. In the recent press conference, Dana White said that the Irish fighter will be giving an important announcement after the fight.

Conor McGregor will be having a chance to make history with his upcoming fight against the UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez. However, many were disappointed with Dana White’s decision to make the fight happen, including UFC featherweight interim champion Jose Aldo and lightweight No. 1 contender Khabib Nurmagomedov.

UFC president Dana White defended himself, saying that he opposed with the McGregor-Alvarez UFC 205 bout. However, there are circumstances that make him agree with the upcoming fight.

“Listen, I battled this thing forever. Not only is it not fair to Jose Aldo, it’s not fair to Khabib and Max Holloway,” White said. “So believe me, I battled with this thing but there are… how can I say this? There are other circumstances involved in this that will be played out after the fight.

“It’s something completely out of left field but it’s Conor’s business. It’s not mine, and I’ll let Conor announce it when he’s ready to,” he added.

White already stated after the McGregor-Diaz rematch that the Irish fighter needs to defend his belt against Jose Aldo. If he will not defend the title, reports said that it will be automatically handed to Aldo since he is currently the interim champion.

However, it seems like Conor McGregor gave Dana White a ‘very important’ reason to make him agree with his fight against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. As of now, there is no official announcement from McGregor’s camp regarding White’s revelation.

There are rumors that ‘The Notorious’ is set to retire after UFC 205. Media obligations and the pressure to perform have reportedly affected McGregor’s relationship with his family. The retirement will not be permanent but will take a significant amount of time before he returns to the Octagon again.

Comment

Sounds like they are just helping each other out. McGregor was looking like death making weight at 145 like 2 f#cking years ago. Whats he gonna look like now that he's not been at 145 in so long? Probably would f#cking pass out pre-fight & get his fight canceled any damn way.

So I'm thinking both sides are just playing around like the intention is to go back to 145 when its likely both sides (& Aldo) know its unlikely at best, but it helps everyone except the guys in play for the vacant title at 145 for McGregor to be a two title champ at the same time if he can pull it off.

I don't foresee a retirement post fight, but I mean there is a blueprint for this sorta thing that goes back to Floyd, Ali, SRL & SRR & etc & so on that makes it easy to suggest McGregor will bring some scarcity to his career sooner or later to enhance his value as many fighters have done before him. I just don't think it'll be after this next fight.

Comment

Yet another Mayweather tactics he's copying. But can't hate on him learning from the best.

Comment

It's interesting for sure. I don't believe he's retiring but you never know. Can anybody else think of any other options for McGregor? Making movies, boxing, kickboxing? I don't know. His ass better not retire or I'm gonna be pissed

Comment

Well, if he made 40 million last year, he might be set for life, but could have another big year and be really set.

Comment

Been there, done that with tthe McGregor retirement rumors. Won't believe that sh it until he's actually gone and been gone a little while

Comment

Conor was clear in his mind that this is not going to let it happen and said: “They (UFC) Will Need an Army to Take My Belt Away”

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Well, if he made 40 million last year, he might be set for life, but could have another big year and be really set.
                  I hope so, but he spends like a ******. Unfortunately I get the feeling he'll be the type that constantly needs to come back to fighting.

Comment

You mean, like Floyd Mayweather in boxing?

Comment

Working...
                    X