No announcement yet.

Ben Afleck GOES toe-to-toe vs Bill Maher & Sam Harris

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    Its difficult to comprehend, but its where the evidence leads. I couldnt explain it all, but in general it makes more sense to me than any other theory or belief.

Some have said it takes more faith to believe in evolution and the big bang than it does to believe in creation. But reality is stranger than fiction. For me the idea of creation is easier to imagine. But what we know about the universe is plain impossible to visualise. Thats why understanding the evidence is so important.
    The thing is, people just don't want to comprehend it. If they do, it will change the way they view the world and it will collapse under them. It's when Ken Hamm after the debate with Bill Nye the Science Guy. He said we should not fund the search for E.T's because if we find E.T's, then the Bible is false.

Covering your ears and closing your eyes is easier than to deal with reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

lol discuss....
      It's disgusting how in our American culture when a person gets paid a huge salary to pretend to be someone else on camera for a living automatically gives them a pass on world issues...as if their opinion is more valuable because they are popular. It's fcuking ridiculous. What is also laughable is how concerned afleck seems to be when it comes to racism...but never mind the thousands of people dying and losing their heads in a certain culture right now. How far off the ranch do you have to be when human life is taking a back seat to a racism stance? I'm happy maher owned his a$$

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        What is also laughable is how concerned afleck seems to be when it comes to racism...but never mind the thousands of people dying and losing their heads in a certain culture right now. How far off the ranch do you have to be when human life is taking a back seat to a racism stance? I'm happy maher owned his a$$
        Affleck isn't concerned about racism. He only brought race into the debate because the race card was the only rebuttal he could muster.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          It's disgusting how in our American culture when a person gets paid a huge salary to pretend to be someone else on camera for a living automatically gives them a pass on world issues...as if their opinion is more valuable because they are popular. It's fcuking ridiculous. What is also laughable is how concerned afleck seems to be when it comes to racism...but never mind the thousands of people dying and losing their heads in a certain culture right now. How far off the ranch do you have to be when human life is taking a back seat to a racism stance? I'm happy maher owned his a$$
          To make things worse is that Affleck actually buys into his own importance. He does a lot of great things with his celebrity, but he also thinks his voice is more important than someone like Sam Harris who is a real upstanding member of society.

He's a nuero scientist and has written many books on this very subject. Yet Affleck found it necessary to mock him, be rude and even try to intimidate him.

I would have punched Affleck in the mouth, straight up.

Comment

lol discuss....
            maher speaking out of his ass yet again. He's basically saying ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORIST. Just like some say "blacks dont know how to act", or "spanish people cant speak proper english". How about, "white people are the ones blowing **** up and shooting up schools". Basic stereotype and I feel sorry for those who agree with maher. Also, harris is an ass. Im not muslim, but what he is saying that muslims should go through a "change" to "accept" gays and what not. hahahahahahahaha I feel really sorry for anyone who agreed with that nonsense. Yes, lets change the religion if you don't agree.

Comment

he's expressing his freedom of speech to give an opinion. i dont see how that is at odds with his liberalism?

its not his fault that the truth about religion makes people hostile.

i think maher does a great service to humanity by belittling such an absurd and illogical idea as religion/god. sure, it could be seen and taken as mean and hostile by religious people and by politically correct pathetic beta males like ben afleck, but its forming and changing opinions of future generations of people who dont want to believe in god.

so sure, bill maher is also as egotistical and smug as afleck and his anti religion rants can be mean spirited, but at least he's got a righteous issue, and that is showing how dumb, stupid, and wrong religion is. Men like maher and sam harris are changing and influencing the present and future minds of the world on religion and its absurdity and that will always hold higher importance in my eyes than tact and empty politically correct stances.
              I see you are an atheist so of course you will agree with him. Funny though, jesse ventura is a known atheist, yet he will disagree with both harris and maher.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                maher speaking out of his ass yet again. He's basically saying ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORIST. Just like some say "blacks dont know how to act", or "spanish people cant speak proper english". How about, "white people are the ones blowing **** up and shooting up schools". Basic stereotype and I feel sorry for those who agree with maher. Also, harris is an ass. Im not muslim, but what he is saying that muslims should go through a "change" to "accept" gays and what not. hahahahahahahaha I feel really sorry for anyone who agreed with that nonsense. Yes, lets change the religion if you don't agree.
                So you acknowledge the religion is the problem then? Hmmm

Comment

maher speaking out of his ass yet again. He's basically saying ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORIST. J
                  That's the opposite of what he says. In fact he specifically says that not all Muslims are terrorists.

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  I see you are an atheist so of course you will agree with him. Funny though, jesse ventura is a known atheist, yet he will disagree with both harris and maher.
                  Jesse Ventura?

This Jesse Ventura?

Yeah, who needs neuroscience.

Comment

Except that's exactly what he didn't say.....

For fuks sake, actually watch the video before you comment.

BTW this is for 1bad:

Simple way to watch the basic evidence for evolution.
                    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 10-17-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X