Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Haymon strangehold on HBO needs to end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody tell me what was the last competing fight that Hbo put on. Wasn't any of canelo or Chavez jr. Fights. **** did anybody see Donaire last fight?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      he is the best no doubt. he gets his fighters lots of money for easy fights but being the best at what he does means the fans suffer because the fights are terrible. and since im a boxing fan not an al haymon fan he ruins the sport. hbo should regulate him and tell him to **** off with his crappy fights. that's the most disappointing part. they just let him get away with murder.
      I would say people like Arum is hurting boxing a lot more...especially when your keeping the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight from happening because you don't want that Pacquiao Money train to get Derailed

As long as the Pay is good for his fighters, I don't hear much about "Al Haymon keeping a fight from happening"

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        As much as Broner irritates me, yes it is a little. Canelo is considered a PPV attraction even against bums. Cintron is a bum no doubt about it.
        Canelo is whack. I don't get the hype about him. Everybody is high on him cuz' of his age. So they see him improving a lot. And, he might become a great fighter. I just don't see it.

He's not a prospect I'm looking at...Neither is Broner. I do like Russell though, Garcia as well. Those 2 will be the class of the division in a couple years. I think they're in a collision course.

Comment

Dude, Al Haymons best fighter brings a lot of money to HBO just like Bob Arums best fighter does. So of course these promoters are going to have a cozy relationship with HBO, its all about money. Both Broner and Russell put on good performances tonight, although against nobodies, you can't hate on them.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
            No I threw it out because I know it when I see it.
            Ya cant fool me. None of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
              Somebody tell me what was the last competing fight that Hbo put on.
              Maidana vs Morales. Was a mismatch on paper though.

Comment

remember when berto got a million dollars to fight freddie hernandez...........just reminding people so they would get mad hehe
                What I don't get is how HBO can put the money behind a guy like Berto who has no fans, fights bums etc.......but state they won't put on a Klitschko fight unless it's against Haye?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Why do people immediately turn to the race card whenever you criticize a black fighter?

If you dont find anything wrong with Haymon's stronghold on HBO, then you're moron, plain and simple
                  Cosign.. I don't know what's going on here. It's easy to see.. but

Comment

remember when berto got a million dollars to fight freddie hernandez...........just reminding people so they would get mad hehe
                    LMAO, D

At least Berto had the decency to look a little embarrassed after that. And not get some gopher to comb him (as Broner did even after the PDL fight!)

Oh, it's gonna be so sweet seeing Broner eventually fall. He's gonna come across his Ortiz at some point, and it's gonna be hilarious.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. When I look at all the tough fights and the numerous contenders Chavez had to beat to get his shot, it makes me sick that someone like Broner can just get handed one.

Comment

Working...
                      X