Khaosai Galaxy, educate me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khaosai Galaxy, educate me

Basically as the threat title states.
    All I know is that he was a really hard puncher and has defended his title at least 19 times, if not more, against competition I don't know much about.

- How good was he?
    - What style did he bring to the ring?
    - What competition did he beat?
    - How would he have done against other fighters such as Ricardo Lopez, Johnny Tapia, Mark Johnson, Jung Koo Chang, Michael Carbajal, Vic Darchinyan, Nonito Donaire, etc.?
    Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 04-18-2011, 09:38 PM.

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
    All I know is that he was a really hard puncher and has defended his title at least 19 times, if not more, against competition I don't know much about.

- How good was he?
    - How would he have done against other fighters such as Ricardo Lopez, Johnny Tapia, Mark Johnson, Jung Koo Chang, Michael Carbajal, Vic Darchinyan, Nonito Donaire, etc.?
    My guess is he'd be at least even money to beat all of the figthers you mention.
    Galaxy had a sound chin and could hit like hell, he was also very big for a super-fly and it's difficult not to rate him as one of the greatest at 115. On the downside however, he rarely fought outside of Thailand thus never really fighting the best of the rest.
    Gilberto Roman and Sung Kil Moon are just two names who should be on Galaxy's resume, Jiro Watanabe too.
    Even on home soil, 19 defenses is a remarkable achievement but i believe he'd have been a lot greater on the world scene had he chased the stiffer competition. At a stocky 5'5" he was more than big enough for a move into the bantams where imo there was a richer pool of talent.
    Just a thought, but a fight with Jeff Fenech would've been something!

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post

- How good was he?

he's one of the hardest punchers, p4p, ever.
      ring magazine has him in the top 20 i believe on their punchers list.

he never fought outside of asia (he might have had a fight or two overseas, but i'm close to 100% positive he never fought in the states.)

he was built like somebody carved him out of wood
      he had muscles, on muscles, on muscles

he swung his punches (probably got most of his power from his lats, which were absolutely freakish looking.)
      he was a southpaw but he punched well with both hands

unlike a lot of stoppages of smaller men, he would put guys on the floor and separate them from their senses.

he was a bit wide, however, and looked like he might have gotten exposed a bit against world class opposition who could take advantage of the extra space
      Last edited by New England; 04-19-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Decent boxer with somewhat under rated defense but, he was in a pretty stacked era of very good Flyweights and Bantams, he fought none of them, don't be fooled by his number of defenses, Orlando Canizales, Raul Perez, Wilfredo Vasquez, Sung-kil Moon, Jiro Watanabe, Gilberto Roman among others, not one. (Give him a pass on Watanabe as he clearly ducked him).

He was talented though and what a punch he had.

Comment

Working...
        X