Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez fought the 'feared man' in Paul Williams, will he fight the 'FEARED' GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez fought the 'feared man' in Paul Williams, will he fight the 'FEARED' GGG?

A few say Williams was the feared man. Well it seems GGG has that moniker now. Will it happen?

Or will Martinez duck him like Dibella and team have for a year or two.

Martinez after money fights. He gets a pass for Cotto and then if he wins, he'll most likely want to retain his belt and fight Rubio/Spada winner.

After that... he has one more fight with HBO. You could guess who they'll want him to fight...unless he offers to go up and face Ward... I think they're gonna try and make him fight Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Martinez after money fights. He gets a pass for Cotto and then if he wins, he'll most likely want to retain his belt and fight Rubio/Spada winner.

After that... he has one more fight with HBO. You could guess who they'll want him to fight...unless he offers to go up and face Ward... I think they're gonna try and make him fight Martinez
      TBH if he is looking for money then he most likely drops the title. Rubio is a bum.

Do you mean Martinez fight Ward or GGG? GGG may move up by the end of next year.

Comment

The guy Is 38 years old, wouldn't be a wise decision unless he has a suicide wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
          TBH if he is looking for money then he most likely drops the title. Rubio is a bum.

Do you mean Martinez fight Ward or GGG? GGG may move up by the end of next year.
          Belt a good bargaining chip for him... that's the main reason Cotto's gonna fight him and a reason Canelo will fight him if he is able to leave HBO with it.

Not many money fights to be made for Sergio on HBO I guess. Ward can get you in the millions, but can't you Cotto money....more than GGG.

But is GGG really strugglign to make weight to move up? He started camp at 167

Comment

A couple years ago I think Sergio would've been the favorite, now after all these injuries and his very poor performance against Murray I think Gennady has a good chance to stop him. I certainly don't see Sergio hurting Gennady at all. His jab will cause a few problems, but GGG is very underrated in terms of skill.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Belt a good bargaining chip for him... that's the main reason Cotto's gonna fight him and a reason Canelo will fight him if he is able to leave HBO with it.

Not many money fights to be made for Sergio on HBO I guess. Ward can get you in the millions, but can't you Cotto money....more than GGG.

But is GGG really strugglign to make weight to move up? He started camp at 167
              GGG starts at a lower weight than Sergio which is true. GGG generally trains and keeps in shape often. He's also 5 foot 10 or so.

They plan the move up for bigger fights, and it does sound soon but it may be his 3rd or 4th fight as planned in 2014...

By then I believe they will hope to have beaten after Adama, Geale, Murray or Martinez. Looks like Murray is out. Sturm hasn't said a word from my memory and was protected from GGG anyway LOL. Geale just started talking now since he lost his title and vacating when GGG was on the door steps.
              When Barker had the title he was talking Sturm and Geale.

If it happens, it could be Geale and a Hopeful Martinez. If.

Comment

After Martinez fights Cotto that fight can happen at the end of the year. He's trying to get the big money fights first.

Comment

Martinez will lose to Cotto and retire.

Comment

if martinez beats cotto, which i expect if he's healthy again, i don't want to hear **** about a floyd fight. either fight GGG or go back down to 154.

Comment

Working...
                    X