Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need running tips? Triggerhapppy can help you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    i only run 30 minutes.

i never stretch. it is BORING. i never ever ever got an injury from not stretching. i mean ya sometimes my muscles are tight but you know what? i'm not in a marathon so who cares.
    Your lucky you haven't got injured yet. As you get older it might be a different story. I still think you should be stretching but if you really find it boring try this to for tight muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      when it gets really cold do you cover your mouth to protect lung burn?
      Hell yes because if I don't i'll get really bad headaches. I use this.
      http://www.rei.com/product/820202/ou...lmetclava-kids

Comment

ok i have a question, what would you consider good markers for a decent aerobic system for a competitive fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
          ok i have a question, what would you consider good markers for a decent aerobic system for a competitive fighter?
          I can only offer tip for running. I never been a competitive fighter do I can't really answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
            basically if you are competing you should be running every day, in the morning. if you can handle at least 3 miles every day you'll be in decent shape for fighting. i'd also mix in some sprints at least twice a week for faster recovery. basically you have to be able to recover in only a minute rest in between rounds so if you're almost back to normal breathing after going full out for 3 minutes ( 5 if your fighting in mma ) within a minute you're in very good shape.

lol, i was sure this thread would turn into a commercial for vibram five fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
              basically if you are competing you should be running every day, in the morning. if you can handle at least 3 miles every day you'll be in decent shape for fighting. i'd also mix in some sprints at least twice a week for faster recovery. basically you have to be able to recover in only a minute rest in between rounds so if you're almost back to normal breathing after going full out for 3 minutes ( 5 if your fighting in mma ) within a minute you're in very good shape.

lol, i was sure this thread would turn into a commercial for vibram five fingers.

lol, I know those are not for everyone. But if anyone has questions about them feel free to ask.

Comment

Here is a tip for a pre run meal. Blend some greek yogurt, 1 banana, 1 scoop of protein and 8oz of water. This will energize you for your next run.
                Last edited by Trigger unhappy; 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Saber
                  i run only on treadmill is that count too?.but only for 5 minutes i start last sunday. mabe i can run longer after.isit good for learning boxing
                  The treadmill is helping you go vs running outside is 100% you. Use the tread on really bad weather days but try to run outside as much as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Saber
                    lol is cold outside silly. i will freeze fast.and also i watche tv at the same time running.mabe next summer i will run outside.
                    You can wear some under armour cold gear, and smartwool socks. I be nice and warm during my runs.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/ua-coldgear/mens
                    http://www.smartwool.com/
                    Last edited by Trigger unhappy; 12-20-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I find that core training before jogging keeps me from stomach cramps & I find it easier to breath through my nose when I do 6 miles in 45 minutes, why is that.

Comment

Working...
                      X