Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz Beats Paulie Malignaggi in a Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you're fightimg a Golden Boy fighter, expect **** like this to happen.
    Paulie was robbed and I'm not shocked.

De La Hoya, the main man at Golden Boy, lost to Sturm, in my opinion and they gave him the fight so...we should expect the same from his company!

I think Paulie will continue to get fights and Diaz days are numbered, especially now because no one is gonna fight him in Texas anymore.

Comment

I was reading an article on the fight and someone said Paulie should change hi nickname to Nostradamus. haha

Seriously though I think Paulie will get a good fight in the near future, everyone knows he won, and Goldenbot knows Diaz will not win vs better opposition so they will keep him in Texas vs lesser opposition and the Texans will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
        Wow he got robbed even after he said he would.. 118-110?? Wtf this is why boxing is dying!!!
        They said it was close......but why that score???

ban the judge!!!

Boxing is dying because of hit and run fighters.....they are not exciting enough

Bring in a slugger/puncher with KO power in the mold of a Tyson or Pacquiao then boxing will be alive again

Comment

Originally posted by DocG View Post
          They said it was close......but why that score???

ban the judge!!!

Boxing is dying because of hit and run fighters.....they are not exciting enough

Bring in a slugger/puncher with KO power in the mold of a Tyson or Pacquiao then boxing will be alive again
          What do you mean by hit and run fighters? Because I don't want to get it confused with effective movement that may appear that their running.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
            I was reading an article on the fight and someone said Paulie should change hi nickname to Nostradamus. haha

Seriously though I think Paulie will get a good fight in the near future, everyone knows he won, and Goldenbot knows Diaz will not win vs better opposition so they will keep him in Texas vs lesser opposition and the Texans will love it.
            I am inclined to agree, even if nobody was a fan of Paulie prior to this Diaz debacle you have to admit his stock when up. Hopefully a fight with Amir Khan can fall through and he could have that opportunity to shine yet again. As for Diaz, he has a lot of making up to do especially outside of his comfort zone in Texas.

Peace.
            Last edited by jri9d0; 08-23-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DocG View Post
              You think Ali was not exciting enough? Or Sugar Ray Leonard? Or Sugar Ray Robinson? Or Willie Pep? All were from the golden eras of boxing, all had massive fan appeal. Ali in particular single-handedly revitalised the sport and gave it a much wider fanbase, but he was in your terms a hit and run fighter.
              Last edited by Dave Rado; 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

They just should not be allowed to host big fights there. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                  They just should not be allowed to host big fights there. Simple as that.
                  Funny how I used to defend the notion of the worst robberies being here in the States. I can't believe people still think Germany is the worse of the two as far as receiving fair judging in fights.

More proof right here in the Diaz v.s. Malignaggi affair.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                    You think Ali was not exciting enough? Or Sugar Ray Leonard? Or Sugar Ray Robinson? Or Willie Pep? All were from the golden eras of boxing, all had massive fan appeal. Ali in particular single-handedly revitalised the sport and gave it a much wider fanbase, but he was in your terms a hit and run fighter.
                    Nooooo! Please dont compare Malig***gi to those 4 greats.

Comment

Originally posted by ugly2000 View Post
                      Nooooo! Please dont compare Malig***gi to those 4 greats.
                      I wasn't. Learn to read.

Comment

Working...
                      X