Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Winky>Mosley,DLH,Trinidad,Vargas at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CounterPuncha View Post
    Exactly, who the hell wants to fight a guy who can make you look stupid, and who isn't much of a draw?
    It doesn't make a lot of sense financially. I never understood why Winky still had the boring tag attached to him later in his career tho, once he started walking guys down I thought he was a fun fighter to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      I dont disagree with any of that. Winky did go on to be much better after that fight tho.
      Well yea that is because Vargas was ruined 2 fights later. Vargas very next fight after Winky was Quartey and Vargas clearly won that fight. And, Vargas still didn't hit his prime. It is really hard to know how good Vargas would of been in his prime.

I am not saying Winky would not have won... It is just hard to tell IMO...

Comment

Seriously I cant see any of them having an easy time with him. We saw how he handled Mosley and an older Trinidad. He also lost earlier to Vargas, but seemed to peak after that fight. Could have beaten all 4 of these very good fighters at his best?
        I don't know... on one side you have to say through his style he will always be hard to beat clean... but through his style he will always have problems to win clean against certain type of fighters...

He will always beat Mosley... Mosley has physical tools but he doesn't use his jab and he stands in front of him and is there to be hit for Winky...

I don't think he beats a prime DLH... DLH has a good jab... he will land most punches on the gloves of Winky but would through enough and not get hit clean in return... conditioning has to be a concern.

Trinidad is pretty one dimensional... I think he beats him pretty much every time they fight... Trinidad's punches will get blocked by him and Trinidad will always be there for him to be hit...

Vargas is difficult... he is very strong and his punches leave an impression... he gets hit... this is a close one... I would have to go with Winky in a close fight probably.

But that's just my opinion... and based on how the judges gave him credit for his style which in big fights they don't I have to say... he looses against Vargas and DLH... wins against Trinidad (if they ain't give him a gift) and wins against Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Well yea that is because Vargas was ruined 2 fights later. Vargas very next fight after Winky was Quartey and Vargas clearly won that fight. And, Vargas still didn't hit his prime. It is really hard to know how good Vargas would of been in his prime.

I am not saying Winky would not have won... It is just hard to tell IMO...
          Vargas was a damn good fighter as it was and theres no doubt he would have been better if not facing Tito when he did. I don't know what would happen either I just actually wanted to discuss boxing here on NSB.
          Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
          I don't know... on one side you have to say through his style he will always be hard to beat clean... but through his style he will always have problems to win clean against certain type of fighters...

He will always beat Mosley... Mosley has physical tools but he doesn't use his jab and he stands in front of him and is there to be hit for Winky...

I don't think he beats a prime DLH... DLH has a good jab... he will land most punches on the gloves of Winky but would through enough and not get hit clean in return... conditioning has to be a concern.

Trinidad is pretty one dimensional... I think he beats him pretty much every time they fight... Trinidad's punches will get blocked by him and Trinidad will always be there for him to be hit...

Vargas is difficult... he is very strong and his punches leave an impression... he gets hit... this is a close one... I would have to go with Winky in a close fight probably.

But that's just my opinion... and based on how the judges gave him credit for his style which in big fights they don't I have to say... he looses against Vargas and DLH... wins against Trinidad (if they ain't give him a gift) and wins against Mosley
          I think a prime DLH was a great fighter too and he is more gifted athletically than Wright is. Wright just has that style that makes it hard to bet against him. I think all 4 of those fighters are bigger names thank Winky, but its hard to pick any of them over him.

Comment

Vargas was a damn good fighter as it was and theres no doubt he would have been better if not facing Tito when he did. I don't know what would happen either I just actually wanted to discuss boxing here on NSB.

I think a prime DLH was a great fighter too and he is more gifted athletically than Wright is. Wright just has that style that makes it hard to bet against him. I think all 4 of those fighters are bigger names thank Winky, but its hard to pick any of them over him.
            Yeah, def. I mean like I stated I would think that DLH beats him... but all the others I see pretty much loosing to him... the only reason I put it like that is because of the judges...

I think he could have gotten the Vargas fight back in 99 if I'm right... and could beat him as well so... he's a tough cookie

Comment

Winky takes them all. Oscar maybe but look at what happened to SSM

Comment

He beats them all. Oscar ducked him for a reason.

Comment

winky beats them all imo. dlh would have the best shot but i think he just has success early and winky keeps on trucking and tires dlh out to win a close decision.

Comment

Before the Punisher,Winky was my fave fighter!!I may be biased but I think Wright would have beaten Oscar too!!I think he beat Vargas,but because Vargas was the rising star,they gave him the fight!!We all seen Mosley get handled twice & it was weird to see Tito hitting Winky's guard & having absolutely no effect,I bet on Winky in all those fights by the way!!I also believe that if B-Hop & Winky rumbled at 160,Winky would have taken him!!

Comment

Working...
                    X