Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The True Story Behind Gamboa's Actions. (No Bull****)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The True Story Behind Gamboa's Actions. (No Bull****)

Here is the deal. There are two clear reason's for Gamboa's actions, and they are both in the end connected as well.

1. Top Rank takes at least 30% of Gamboa's purse, Ahmet Oner who is not only Gamboa's co promoter, he also happens to be with Gamboa before top rank and in fact was the guy who paid and got Gamboa out of Cuba takes about another 30%. I'll just focus on the big boys and skip over the managers like Luis DeCubas and Gonzales who are also taking a percentage of his purse.

So just there you are leaving Gamboa, the fighter, taking home only 40%.

But it dosen't end there.

2. Gamboa is used to his cuban trainer 'Ismael Salas' and became champion with him, said he would never want to fight for anyone else. Top Rank forces him to switch trainer and go with Emmanuel Stewart right before the biggest and most dangerous fight of his career, even though gamboa was completely against it. Oh and dosen't speak a word of english by the way.

Not only that, but add to that that Emmanuel Stewart for being who he is would most likely take no less than 10% of gamboa's cut.

At this point Gamboa's purse is left at 30% to fight his biggest fight without his head trainer.

Is he really to blame for not fighting Rios ? Or is the corruption in boxing we should be once again blaming.

Its a good one to think about.
    Last edited by SonOfCuba; 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM.

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post

Is he really to blame for not fighting Rios ?
    In one word....Yes.

Comment

Gamboa took a huge risk and he's gonna have to deal with his decisions. Yes there are circumstances behind the decision, but at the end of the day he backed out of a fight. He has to accept his share of the blame, but he will face 100% of the repercussions.

Comment

Blah blah bla.. blah!!! Gamhoea is a chicken coward who is getting SUED! EVERYBODY knows he is a poosy and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          In one word....Yes.
          explain yourself, please.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
            explain yourself, please.
            What for? I can just let his actions speak for itself. His actions explains it perfectly.

Comment

I really feel bad for our Cuban brothers they are the only ones who are steadily trying hard to support Gamboa through all this mess, but at the end of the day Gamboa is the one who dug himself into the hole that he is in. It doesn't matter oh "His promoters were screwing him over" this that, people like Floyd "whispering" into Gamboa's ear, I don't care, if he's really that stupid to allow himself to get d1cked around for what 6 7 years? Then he isn't just a coward but a stupid coward at that.

No Questions asked, Gamboa is finished. He had a decent run guys.

Comment

Somebody here said Ahmet Oner gave up 200k of his cut to make the fight happen. And then there's the 100k bonus if he wins.

And he should be tryintg to to leave Ahmet Oner, not Top Rank anyway. Top Rank is the good promoter out of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  What for? I can just let his actions speak for itself. His actions explains it perfectly.
                  So yo think its OK for promoters and managers to screw over fighters with ridiculous contracts and taking his money although he is the one who is going to take punishment in the ring ?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Somebody here said Ahmet Oner gave up 200k of his cut to make the fight happen. And then there's the 100k bonus if he wins.

And he should be tryintg to to leave Ahmet Oner, not Top Rank anyway. Top Rank is the good promoter out of the two.
                    Leave the guy who got you out of cuba and started your career, even thought he was willing to give up most of his cut to make you a star ? but instead go with the guy who wants to screw you and as a bonus for screwing you making you sign a 5 year contract ?

I don't get what you are saying ?

Comment

Working...
                    X