Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: New York or bust! Is Cotto Margarito 2 off ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they can fight in the parking lot of a taco bell to appease all of the wetb@cks for all I care, I just wanna see mamarito loose an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Reyes View Post
      they can fight in the parking lot of a taco bell to appease all of the wetb@cks for all I care, I just wanna see mamarito loose an eye.
      lol i got banned for making a joke about filipino boxing fans and got banned and this guy gets away with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Why would it be off? They said they are changing the location if anything.

Even with a change of location it would probably sell and most of the money is in the TV right plus PPV
        Crushin bee's correct! The majority of the revenue earned from PPV events like this come from the televised buys, not the gate. . . Sure, the gate would add a cool 2-5 million, but they are still looking at generating upwards of 32.5 million dollars (assuming over 500k people purchase the 65 dollar HD version). . . . Forget how much Cotto and Margarito were guaranteed, but their PPV profits for % cut probably kicks in around 300k buys (every buy over 300k they get their proportioned cut). . . Just WAAAYY too much money at stake for Top Rank, Cotto and Margarito for this fight to be called off. . .

Plus, if it lands in Tejas like rumored, it will probably still do a gate of a few million dollars. . . It's disappointing it won't be in historic MSG in NY, NY, but a fight is a fight is a fight!

Comment

I doubt the fight is cancelled. HBO will be pissed for creating the face-off with Max Kellerman when the fight wont happen. That fking sucks the fight isn't held in Madison Square, I truly believe Cotto deserves to fight at his choice area.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Reyes View Post
            Congrats. You don't post here anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X