Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins "Stop asking me about Chavez Jr. He aint nothing but a gimmick.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coņito View Post
    Martinez would have beaten Hopkins with his lightning speed and one of the best head movers in history. Hopkins was too slow to touch him. Maravilla would make him look even worse than Roy Jones did.
    lol did you even watch the fight? this comment makes me think you didn't even watch the fight. In that fight they stared at eachother most of the fight with jones letting off a couple more combinations which had him winning the rounds. but hopkins won like 3-4 rounds to me still. He caught jones with some good right hands and that wasn't even a PRIME hopkins.

a PRIME HOPKINS is when he was around 31-35 years old. Man he was a BEAST THEN. thats when he hit his stride. He tore up EVERYBODY in FRONT of him. Nobody had a chance against him during his title reign til he got older and got his reign ended from Taylor who i Feel Hopkins should of kept his title because you got to BEAT the champion. He didn't exactly beat him, Plus hopkins Closed out all the championship rounds in both fights dominately.

Watch Hopkins vs Lispey. Hopkins vs Mercado 2. Hopkins vs johnson. hopkins vs echols, hopkins vs jackson, hopkins vs brown and you will see hopkins put HURTS to them every round. and as rounds went by, hopkins only got Stronger and faster and smarter and mentally broke them down and BAM TKO'd a lot of them in his early title reign.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
      lol did you even watch the fight? this comment makes me think you didn't even watch the fight. In that fight they stared at eachother most of the fight with jones letting off a couple more combinations which had him winning the rounds. but hopkins won like 3-4 rounds to me still. He caught jones with some good right hands and that wasn't even a PRIME hopkins.
      In fairness, Jones did that with a broken right hand.

Comment

Martinez fights nothing like Tarver, Pavlik or Tito.

Comment

Hopkins would have won decisively. I'll give Sergio like 3 or 4 rounds maybe. Not a complete whitewash, but he'd get beat up.

Also, stop comparing Martinez to Roy Jones. It's embarrassing.
          Last edited by bojangles1987; 09-21-2012, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Hopkins would have won decisively. I'll give Sergio like 3 or 4 rounds maybe. Not a complete whitewash, but he'd get beat up.

Also, stop comparing Martinez to Roy Jones. It's embarrassing.
            man I rock with Serg but you're absolutely right!!!!

Comment

"But but he fights with his hands down"

Yeah and so does Carl Froch no one compares him to Roy. I agree it needs to stop..lol.

Comment

I definitely do not see Martinez beating Hopkins at 160 in his prime, Martinez would not be successful against someone like BHOP, Forrest (RIP), Ward or Mayweather, He cant keep his hands down and beat those guys.

Comment

This thread is beyond embarrassing.

There are some trolls for sure, but then there are people trying to tell me Martinez would trouble Hop for real??

Christ! Comparing Martinez style to Roy Jones?

Newsflash: Roy was a huge middleweight who in his younger days was nearly impossible to hit, he was one of the best we have ever seen (and I would say Hop took 4 rounds from Jones in their first fight). Martinez is a very small middleweight who is still no where near as fast or elusive as Jones was even at those higher weights. Martinez is not even a particularly well rounded fighter compared to some of the best fighters of today. He is fast and hits very hard which makes him difficult to attack, he is good with his movement, but has a wide open guard.

How overrated can a fighter get? To tell you the truth I am not even sure if Martinez is as fast as a prime Hopkins. If you doubt this I implore you to watch tape of Hopkins in his early 30's.

Sergio has been top 5-6 p4p for a few years, Hopkins was p4p for over a decade. Roy Jones was p4p #1 for a decade...get a ****ing grip.

Comment

Martinez has gained a new set of rabid fans who are almost making me want to root against him...

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      man I rock with Serg but you're absolutely right!!!!
                      I like watching Sergio too, but it's stupid. Just because his hands are down? People only say that because Roy always seems to be commentating during Sergio's fights and they always compare him to Roy.

I'd buy a Pacquiao comparison before I'd say Martinez is like Roy. I don't see the similarities at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X