Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlas claims report with $9m USD paid to AIBA for AZE gold medals!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    Just when you don't think boxing can surprise you anymore... It goes above and beyond.
    It was literally stunning, and I am not someone that gets surprised easy by boxing injustices or crazy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      It was literally stunning, and I am not someone that gets surprised easy by boxing injustices or crazy stuff.
      That's what I'm saying. I'm numb to boxing shenanigans at this point, but that was something special. I know it happened recently, but I can't find an article on it. The ref "could" face sanctions? I mean, they need to figure out if he was bribed or unprepared. There is no other explanation.

Comment

Do you think it was incompetence or corruption or... both? That whole thing confused me. And maybe to confuse us more, the next ref was super engaging and DQ'd the Iranian.
        I have to think it was corruption, if it was just the ref or the judges then incompetence seems more likely but both to me that says corruption.

Them changing it so fast also says, lets just move on and not ask questions~

Comment

Do you think it was incompetence or corruption or... both? That whole thing confused me. And maybe to confuse us more, the next ref was super engaging and DQ'd the Iranian.
          Definitely some sort of Corruption, notice the referee raise the hand before they even announce him, I don't think the refs have a tally of the scores immediately after the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I have to think it was corruption, if it was just the ref or the judges then incompetence seems more likely but both to me that says corruption.

Them changing it so fast also says, lets just move on and not ask questions~
            The quick change was scary. When they overturn a decision in boxing.. You know you have to ask questions.

Comment

That's what I'm saying. I'm numb to boxing shenanigans at this point, but that was something special. I know it happened recently, but I can't find an article on it. The ref "could" face sanctions? I mean, they need to figure out if he was bribed or unprepared. There is no other explanation.
              They will just sweep it under the rug, either way. You won't see that guy again probably not the German guy that dq'ed the Iranian either.

They reviewed it real quick and overturned it, so they know something was very wrong but they certainly won't ever want to talk about it at least externally.

Comment

@ anyone thinking this isnt pure corruption

Comment

Why doesn't the Azerbaijanian(i apologize if that's not the correct spelling) fighter need to win that fight to get a gold? Isn't it an elimination bout.
                  Don't apologize I don't even know how to spell it too haha

I was talking about their Super Heavyweight Medzhidov, he is pretty good and he should be the favorite to get to finals from his side of the bracket (altough I'm hoping Cammarelle regains his old Gold Medal Beijing form and gets to the finals).

Medzhidov beating Savon, he's the one fighter who shouldn't need any help from the guys of Azerbaiyan

Comment

people are complaining because this is probably really the first Olympic in which they are really following Olympic Boxing but it has always been this bad...MAYBE EVEN WORSE!

Yes it is very corrupt! And the deeper they go the worse the Decision will get!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                      people are complaining because this is probably really the first Olympic in which they are really following Olympic Boxing but it has always been this bad...MAYBE EVEN WORSE!

Yes it is very corrupt! And the deeper they go the worse the Decision will get!
                      I watched it last go around, and there are decisions where you pretty clearly have one guy winning and it goes the other way. And I disagreed with several fights 4 years ago, but this is different. This isn't just a bad score.

A ref missed a knockdown call roughly 5 times, whilst he was beaten to the point that it was the ref's duty to save that fighter. He was a stopped fighter. On top of that they had him the winner. Kind of reminded me of when Sergio Martinez stopped Cintron, then outboxed him, then received a draw. But that wasn't nearly this bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X