Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For The 1000th Time...Margacheato Didn't Break Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
    pressure beats Cotto
    And he has always been that way. Marg left the blueprint and now everyone will follow. The problem with Mayorga is that he couldn't keep constant pressure on Cotto cause he knew he would get exhausted, but if he had the stamina to do just that I know Cotto would have lost.

Comment

Sadly I agree, it's been the same Cotto since he was at 140 lbs. He could handle the shots and the pressure at that weight, but at 147 he started showing damage, and once he fought a fighter that walked him down and let their hands go, he buckled.

Marg didn't break Cotto but he showed the world how to beat him, constant pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
        Sadly I agree, it's been the same Cotto since he was at 140 lbs. He could handle the shots and the pressure at that weight, but at 147 he started showing damage, and once he fought a fighter that walked him down and let their hands go, he buckled.

Marg didn't break Cotto but he showed the world how to beat him, constant pressure.
        ****in green k sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

marg didn't break cotto, cotto always has been vulnerable

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            marg didn't break cotto, cotto always has been vulnerable
            All fighters have their vulnerabilities...so I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
              To be honest he looks the same to me. It's just that he is fighting bigger opponents. Not just that but Marg gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat him.
              He's not the same sorry. He used to be a killer, now he's more of a plodder who can pretty much only fight coming forward.

He's still a hell of a boxer and his experience is what carries him but he's not the dominant fighter he once was. Weight isn't an excuse because he can't make 147 anymore so the argument is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                He's not the same sorry. He used to be a killer, now he's more of a plodder who can pretty much only fight coming forward.

He's still a hell of a boxer and his experience is what carries him but he's not the dominant fighter he once was. Weight isn't an excuse because he can't make 147 anymore so the argument is pointless.
                Alright man we'll agree to disagree then. Propz for giving him respect.

Comment

Agreed.. Cotto moved up to 147.. and lost to a guy with possible loaded gloves or not (Marg is no easy task) and an ATG who is p4p#1. There is no shame in either of those scenarios. Getting hit by 147 lb'ers/154 lb'ers made him more cautious.. Cotto just has trouble with pressure fighters.

Comment

Being more cautious doesn't make you ruined...Even Floyd was more cautious once he moved up to 147. Less combinations, more defense, letting the KO come instead of going for it, etc. I see Cotto as the same way. Don't forget, he was never a guy who COMPLETELY dominated everyone he fought. Torres had him hurt and probably could have knocked him out if he hadn't taken the fight on two weeks notice and even guys like Corley, Malignaggi, Judah and Mosley had him hurt. Mosley and Judah laid the blueprint with those uppercuts, Margo executed it and then Pac followed it afterwards.

Comment

Manny Steward is being diplomatic by not getting into the plaster issue, he knows that if Margarito cheated once... he definitely cheated before especially for a fight in which he knew he was the underdog e.g. Cotto Fight.

Even Roach thinks Margarito has been cheating for some time now. Only sellout PRs looking for a pat on their backs by the Mexicans on this forum lie to themselves and pretend that Margo was 100% clean when he fought Cotto.

To base the rematch on the 1st fight that is QUESTIONABLE to say the least, is foolish. No way Margarito beats Cotto without his energy drinks and plaster-wraps. Looking forward to July.

Comment

Working...
                      X