Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Manny Pacquiao have a successor from the Phillipines in the wings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Man I used to say that around here and would get laughed at. I don't know man, he didn't look so good recently.
    He's always looked garbage and has fought garbage. I laughed when people thought he'd be the next big thing.
    I'd get into it with Richardt because I said he sucked and he'd call me a racist or something like that.
    Said he had a good chance at winning against Vasquez and I said he'd get embarrassed.
    THen when the fight was over, he changed his pick

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      He's always looked garbage and has fought garbage. I laughed when people thought he'd be the next big thing.
      I'd get into it with Richardt because I said he sucked and he'd call me a racist or something like that.
      Said he had a good chance at winning against Vasquez and I said he'd get embarrassed.
      THen when the fight was over, he changed his pick
      Yea, he had me fooled for a bit. I wasn't sure he was the next big thing but I was trying to hype him up a couple years back when I thought he had potential, but you're right, he's beaten bums, and hasn't looked that great.

Comment

I was reading up on some guy named Genesis that supposedly is explosive and entertaining and packs a punch. I've only seen one fight on him andi guess he's ok but you can't tell much with one fight. One quick fight at that
        Last edited by {Pito}; 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao is one of those special talents that's unlikely to be replicated any time soon.

#fighterofthedecade

Comment

Originally posted by SeivUrBref View Post
            I was reading up on some guy named Genesis that supposedly is explosive and entertaining and packs a punch. I've only seen one fight on him andi guess he's on but you can't tell much with one fight. One quick fight at that
            genesis servania..he's too slow and did'nt look too good (panicky) vs a guy jorge arce beat while landing solid combos...

Comment

No; much like Roberto Duran and Alexis Arguello didn't have natural successors from their respective countries.

Comment

Nope.

Thats the short answer.

Pacman is a special fighter not just for filipinos of all races, he was a rarity I doubt there will be another one like him regardless of the race.

Dude was a tasmanian devil.

The Philippines will probably have some more good boxers down the line but most of them won't be as successful as Pacman.

Comment

It would be interesting to see someone who could be as good as him

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                    no, there's not even a next manny pacquiao in the world .
                    theres plenty of fighters around the world getting Pacquiao'd, what are you talking about

Comment

Originally posted by SeivUrBref View Post
                      I was reading up on some guy named Genesis that supposedly is explosive and entertaining and packs a punch. I've only seen one fight on him andi guess he's ok but you can't tell much with one fight. One quick fight at that
                      he's a good prospect at the national level.... Also at the Asian level. Don't know about world level

Comment

Working...
                      X