No announcement yet.

Dont expect a "canelo alvarez/mayweather fight" to fix floyds legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
    Guevara, you either didn't understand my point or you're just being wilfully ignorant. If Martinez at 160lbs is the ONLY viable bout for Mayweather, then he must be pretty damn good, especially if that's the only opponent and circumstances that's considered a "step up" in action (your words). Then anyone else, Guerrero, Pacquiao, Marquez, Canelo, or anyone else at 160lbs or below can't be considered a challenge. None of them are good enough opponents to make you give Mayweather credit. Do you consider Mayweather that good? If not, then explain why no one else but Martinez at 160lbs is good enough. Please quantify what you deem a challenge.

Also, you state 154lbs was Cotto's "worst" weight. Then explain why Pacquiao wouldn't fight him at it, especially seeing as he'd already beat him. If 154lbs was Cotto's worst weight, he'd been in too many wars and Mayweather had just beaten him, then why the need to try and drain him down again? It's a funny sequence of events. Pacquiao wouldn't fight a worn Cotto at his worst weight, won't fight any other top welterweight, brings Marquez up again and ends up starched. He should've "stepped up"to Cotto and he might not have been laid out like a cheap rug.

So again. Explain why no one else at 160lbs or below other than Martinez is a challenge for Mayweather, in your eyes, if you don't think much of him. Inadvertantly, you're saying he's too good for anyone else. Otherwise, you're not making any sense.
    Guevara, I'm still waiting for an answer to these questions. Or are empty quips to easier statements the best you can do?

Also, Hugh Grant, bloating JMM up to 147lbs is what Roach and co tried to do last year and they didn't handle it easily at all. To be honest they totally slipped on that banana skin. This year? Well, let's just say that Cotto at 154lbs would've been a better choice considering the result.

To be honest it's easy to see this thread for what it is. A coping mechanism for the sad individuals that can't bear the fact that Pacquiao put down like a lame horse. "My hero got planked but... but.... Mayweather's legacy is no good so.... so.... THERE! I feel good again" (pathetic).

Comment

Working...
    X