Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fact or Myth: Floyd Dont Like Southpaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact or Myth: Floyd Dont Like Southpaws?

The myth that Floyd doesnt like Southpaws is ridiculous, where is the proof he struggles with lefties? In this boxing game its always about trying to find a style that can beat Floyd, I remember Floyd supposedly didn't like come forward brawlers who would walk through his shots and ruff him up. I guess since the Castillo rematch Floyd has dispelled that theory. Here is the fact, Floyd has defeated every southpaw he's faced convincingly. Lets look at what Pac "doesn't like".....if Floyd supposedly doesn't like Southpaws then Pac clearly doesn't like defensive counterpunchers with pure boxing (slick) skills.

We know for a fact that Pac struggles vs guys who opt to box, counterpunch and play a lil defense. (JMM, Morales and even Shane and Clottey befuddled his performance) So if I'm a betting man I'd bet on Fact over Myth.

Advantage Mayweather

Comment

I dont think he necessarily has trouble with southpaws, since his victory of Mitchell was one of my favorite performances by him.

however, I do think he is open for the southpaw right hook, and certain variations of a straight left hand. after all, Corley rocked him with a right hook and Judah dropped him with one too. Probably due to the nature of his defensive stance and the more unique angle of a southpaw right hook.

Comment

that's like saying "he doesn't like being hit in the body"... WHO DOES???

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          I dont think he necessarily has trouble with southpaws, since his victory of Mitchell was one of my favorite performances by him.

however, I do think he is open for the southpaw right hook, and certain variations of a straight left hand. after all, Corley rocked him with a right hook and Judah dropped him with one too. Probably due to the nature of his defensive stance and the more unique angle of a southpaw right hook.
          The Floyd that fought Corley was blocking punches with his face. He was trying to become a fan favorite at 140lbs. Roger was screaming at him to box.

Comment

Floyd fights the best. Southpaw or not.
            Freddie Roach made the **** up.

Floyd fought 4 southpaws as a pro.

Chavez
            Corley
            Mitchell
            Judah

He dominated them all.
            Last edited by BIGBOXINGFAN; 07-07-2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

The fact that he is always aggressive vs them shows that yes, he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post

You mean Judah caused him to stumble? I wouldn't call that dropped....but in a 12 round fight, whether a lefty or righty isn't it logical that an opponent may land 1 or 2 good punches? There hasn't been any fighter that can consistently hit Floyd, what makes anyone think Manny can. If he lands one good punch chances are he wont land another, even slow, over the hill Shane avoided Mannny's shots.

Comment

Every fighter hates southpaws. Floyds style is not ideal versus southpaws. If floyd were not a boxing prodigy he likely would have lost or struggled vs southpaws.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    The fact that he is always aggressive vs them shows that yes, he does.

Comment

Working...
                    X