No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
    When the WW was walking towards the baby and it only shows the shadow, I thought it was Tywin walking
    So did I actually. The silhouette definitely resembled Tywin but there would be absolutely no connection between him and north of the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden View Post
      Man the last 20 mins of that episode had me all da fuq. I'm glad it's deviated slightly. Keeps it fresh. The White Walkers thing at the end was freaky but spoiled a MAJOR thoery of mine haha. The show just done spoilered the readers.
      I'm with you , I read the books and have been waiting a couple years for the next 2 books to be written but the spoilers are killing it for me.

In the books it isn't factually stated that Peter "Littlefinger" Baelish and Margearie's grandma,the Queen of Thorns, poisoned Joffrey, it was left as an assumption but also left it open that other people might have done it.

The part with the White Walkers is mentioned in the books but never went into as much detail as they did last night with the babies. I'm not even sure if that is a spoiler.

Like another poster said though about the books and the show , it is made for TV. The one thing I wish they would not have done that was never in the books was adding the gay sex scenes. If you want to watch gay **** , great go watch it , don't mix it into a masterpiece because it will sell to little bit bigger of a demographic.

All in all the show has been doing good but there are a lot of domino effects that the writers/producers of the show are going to get snagged on later in the seasons.
      The final 2 books haven't been written yet and they have killed off characters that are still alive in the later books while other characters that have been long dead are still alive.The same thing with Sam telling Jon that Bran is still alive, this changes the whole plot line for the next 2 seasons , I don't see how they can recover from that and make it not happen 2 seasons from now.
      I'm still a fan of the show and will most likely keep watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        You are completely full of ****. You quoted 2 posts that not only weren't complaints, but were happy with what I saw, and apparently don't have the comprehension to realize so.

Have fun with your illiteracy and delusions, I guess, and don't talk to me ever again. I won't respond to you.
        YOU ARE THE ONE FULL OF ****.

You think you're the first book reader that ive come across social media b*tching about the deviations?

all of the posts i quoted where complaints. You are just trying your damnest to hide it. You are being subtle and passive aggressive about it. Sometimes you cant help yourself and just straight b*tch about it see rape scene complaint.

AGAIN, STOP FRONTIN.

This show according to a lot of book readers that ive come across have greatly deviated from the books. You being a self described nerd of the books would have no choice but to have a problem with it as ive quoted a lot of your posts.

AGAIN, STOP FRONTIN.

and lmfaooo at dont talk to you anymore lmmfaaooo what are you in 3rd grade? Because of disagreement about a tv show with a stranger on the internet?

calling people dbags, illiterate, complaining about a tv show adaptation being different from the books, telling people not to talk to you...... and im the snob?????

lmfaaoooooooo i didnt take you for the sensitive emo type bojangles.

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          When the WW was walking towards the baby and it only shows the shadow, I thought it was Tywin walking
          interesting that there were 12 other shadows/figures just standing there in the background. jesus had 12 disciples.

Comment

• It's really too bad that some of the GoT book readers are the types that name their swords.

Still love this show, but that final shot in Episode 4 looked cheesy, something I'd never thought I would say about GoT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
              It's really too bad that some of the GoT book readers are the types that name their swords.

Still love this show, but that final shot in Episode 4 looked cheesy, something I'd never thought I would say about GoT.
              that final shot is there to remind us that those creepy bastards are the real threat to the world and not the political bickering or the war among the kings of Westeros

these Westerosi ignorants know nothing of what is coming to them, only the Starks knew the impending doom: Winter is Coming

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                that final shot is there to remind us that those creepy bastards are the real threat to the world and not the political bickering or the war among the kings of Westeros

these Westerosi ignorants know nothing of what is coming to them, only the Starks knew the impending doom: Winter is Coming
                Yep, the entire "game of thrones" is going to be pointless. I worried that maybe the white walkers wouldn't be a big deal, that the Night's Watch would find a way to defeat them at the wall or something, but seeing that scene killed any of that doubt. They're going to mess a lot of people up.

Comment

• I'm really enjoying Littlefinger's journey up the ranks to power. I thought due to him believing all the Stark boys are dead he would try marry Sansa once the imp was dead to take control of the north but this was a nice turn of events. As for Bran, he shouldn't have too much trouble escaping at night. He has a half giant and 2 giant wolves he has control over along with a friend who has similar powers if I'm not mistaken.

I'm just guessing but I have the feeling the transformation of the new born children have some sort of significance to explaining what the Whitewalkers are and why they are here. Infant children are considered pure humans before they become corrupted by society. Maybe the Whitewalkers aren't the evil they are made out to be but some sort of force to keep a certain moral balance between men. One thing we do know is that they aren't mindless zombies but intellectual beings with a bigger purpose than just to slaughter anything that moves.

On an extraneous note I'm gutted Jamie gave his sword away but at least it went to a good cause. I'm still hoping he will attach some sort of switch knife to his metal hand and return to being one of the best swordsman in the Seven kingdoms. Also this season could every well see the both the Mountain and his brother the Hound in one on one sword fights. The Mountain against the gay man (I forget his name) and the Hound with Brienne.

The one thing I was confused about is why the man who chopped of Jamie's hand is on the wall. I presume it is because his house joined forces with the Lannisters therefore he needed someplace safe to go. He will probably end up like the king slayer in the sense that once we get to know him a bit he will become more likable.

Lastly can someone also explain what happens in the battles a bit. All we ever see is corpses. For example what exactly happened with the battle between the Whitewalkers and the men of the nights watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by ESB_reject View Post
                    I'm really enjoying Littlefinger's journey up the ranks to power. I thought due to him believing all the Stark boys are dead he would try marry Sansa once the imp was dead to take control of the north but this was a nice turn of events. As for Bran, he shouldn't have too much trouble escaping at night. He has a half giant and 2 giant wolves he has control over along with a friend who has similar powers if I'm not mistaken.

I'm just guessing but I have the feeling the transformation of the new born children have some sort of significance to explaining what the Whitewalkers are and why they are here. Infant children are considered pure humans before they become corrupted by society. Maybe the Whitewalkers aren't the evil they are made out to be but some sort of force to keep a certain moral balance between men. One thing we do know is that they aren't mindless zombies but intellectual beings with a bigger purpose than just to slaughter anything that moves.

On an extraneous note I'm gutted Jamie gave his sword away but at least it went to a good cause. I'm still hoping he will attach some sort of switch knife to his metal hand and return to being one of the best swordsman in the Seven kingdoms. Also this season could every well see the both the Mountain and his brother the Hound in one on one sword fights. The Mountain against the gay man (I forget his name) and the Hound with Brienne.

The one thing I was confused about is why the man who chopped of Jamie's hand is on the wall. I presume it is because his house joined forces with the Lannisters therefore he needed someplace safe to go. He will probably end up like the king slayer in the sense that once we get to know him a bit he will become more likable.

Lastly can someone also explain what happens in the battles a bit. All we ever see is corpses. For example what exactly happened with the battle between the Whitewalkers and the men of the nights watch?
                    Locke, the one who chopped off Jaime's hand, is there thru Roose Bolton's instruction of finding the Starks (mainly Bran & Rickon) and Jon Snow (half-Stark). He went there as an undercover and since we saw him snooping around he purposely joined Jon's mission to complete his task

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                      Locke, the one who chopped off Jaime's hand, is there thru Roose Bolton's instruction of finding the Starks (mainly Bran & Rickon) and Jon Snow (half-Stark). He went there as an undercover and since we saw him snooping around he purposely joined Jon's mission to complete his task
                      Ok thanks, that makes sense. However he is probably shooting himself in the foot if he makes the vows like he said he would. We have seen what happens to people that break their vows.

Comment

Working...
                      X