Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was bigger achievement pac beating cotto or jones beating ruiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
    LOL@ I know James Toney was taking horse tranquilizers but he knocked Ruiz Down...

Ruiz has done something Cotto has NEVER done and thats beat a legitimate TITLE Holder...he beat Holyfield for the WBA World heavyweight title & then lost that title to.................Roy Jones Jr.

FACT: Miguel Cotto has only won VACANT Title's

Ruiz also if not by a questionable decision would have been one of the few HW champs to win a title for a third time. He is not a great HW but is far from a tomato can. I think if Jones would have beat a smaller HW champ like Byrd it would have been less impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by nelsoncm View Post
      Pac gets more credit.

Not too many people gave Ruiz a chance in the first place.
      I notice a lot of people say you should get more credit because you were the underdog. I just don't agree with this. I would give a little more credit to Roy though because have you guys ever heard of a guy moving into his fourth division in HW and fighting a guy who's 33 lbs. heavier. I hate to bring up the whole catchweight thing but even though I think the fight would've had the same result the catchweight makes it a lesser credit win. Not to mention manny is a natural WW/big LWW in my opinion while Roy wasn't a HW naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
        I notice a lot of people say you should get more credit because you were the underdog. I just don't agree with this. I would give a little more credit to Roy though because have you guys ever heard of a guy moving into his fourth division in HW and fighting a guy who's 33 lbs. heavier. I hate to bring up the whole catchweight thing but even though I think the fight would've had the same result the catchweight makes it a lesser credit win. Not to mention manny is a natural WW/big LWW in my opinion while Roy wasn't a HW naturally.
        I agree with this too, I never got why someone should get more credit because more ppl thought he would win anyway......what if he didn't win? what would that mean? I would just mean that alot of ppl were wrong but that has no real bearing on what happens in that ring.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
          What was Hayes weight Disadvantage against Valuev? like 100 Pounds. SO Haye IS REALLY UNBELIEVABLE RITE?
          i was just going to say this!

Comment

RJ easily beating Ruiz is very underrated considering not many heavyweights could do that to Ruiz, but Pac fought Cotto's game and broke his will, which is more impressive to me.

Comment

pacquiao is at his best weight right now, just right

roy jones was blown up, there is your differrence

Comment

Working...
              X