Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Far will Mayweather Promotions go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far will Mayweather Promotions go?

i don't buy that he's promotion company is legit or ever will be....i mean he's still using Golden Boy to promote his fights 6 years after he left top rank

He is still using Golden Boy and not wanting to get his own license because of logistics. But, he signed Andre Dirrell, that's a pretty big signing if he can Gamboa. And, actually get a deep roster he might go for his license and make it far.

Golden Boy was still using Top Rank for logistics until it's roster became big enough and the company was set to go off on their own. It also helped that they used Oscar name to get network dates. Floyd could do the same. Especially if he keeps signing good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      He is still using Golden Boy and not wanting to get his own license because of logistics. But, he signed Andre Dirrell, that's a pretty big signing if he can Gamboa. And, actually get a deep roster he might go for his license and make it far.

Golden Boy was still using Top Rank for logistics until it's roster became big enough and the company was set to go off on their own. It also helped that they used Oscar name to get network dates. Floyd could do the same. Especially if he keeps signing good fighters.
      so how far you think they will get?

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
        so how far you think they will get?
        It will get as far as Mayweather wants to take it.

If he is serious about it and really wants to do it. It can get to a GBP or DBE level.

Comment

He should just take over a branch of Golden Boy. He can take it pretty far depending on how serious he is about it when he retires though.

But I can sum up the thread for you.

Floyd Haters - It will run into the ground
          Floyd Fanboys - It will take over and run Top Rank into the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            It will get as far as Mayweather wants to take it.

If he is serious about it and really wants to do it. It can get to a GBP or DBE level.
            lou dibella maybe i can see but Golden Boy level? lol............

Comment

not far...he's too douchy to take it to another level...he aint got no people skills..

Comment

he is using Golden Boy to jump start his company.its going in the right direction and i hope other fighters do the same and start promoting other fighters..this is what the sport needs.Goldenboy was a great start and has been very successful i wish all the other fighters who try to promote up and coming fighters all the best

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                  lou dibella maybe i can see but Golden Boy level? lol............
                  why not???
                  Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
                  not far...he's too douchy to take it to another level...he aint got no people skills..
                  do you know floyd personally??

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                    why not???

do you know floyd personally??
                    his fighters will have limited options on who to face i doubt arum will want to work with Floyd and vice versa also i have see Richard and Oscar not working with Floyd since they won't need him anymore like they do now

Comment

Working...
                    X