No announcement yet.

Would you have bought Garcia vs Matthysse on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you have bought Garcia vs Matthysse on PPV

if they were the main event and it had a shlty under card? Both are really good fighters IMO...but are they PPV main attraction worthy based on their resumes?
    Yes
    67.31%
    No
    32.69%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-22-2014, 12:22 AM.

As fast as I bought Gonzalez Mares rematch tickets, the day they came out.

Comment

Yeah if it had a solid undercard...

Honestly names matter little to me,, i would rather pay for better fight than a name fight

Comment

Yes. However, it wouldn't sell commercially. It was the 2nd biggest fight to make last year after Lord Nelo & May.

Comment

That would not have been a PPV worthy fight. Not yet at least. Let's say they had kept winning into 2015, then maybe yes, at 147. I could have seen it doing around the 250k ballpark which would have been superstar #'s for them two. Had they done a PPV in 2013, that would have bombed pretty bad.

It benefited greatly by being the co-main event for May-Canelo, because it is likely that the majority, or even all of the 2.2 million tuned in and saw both Garcia and Matthysse and how good they are. So they benefited more from being an undercard fight rather than a Showtime Championship main event, or its own PPV. They got more viewers as an undercard, go figure.

Comment

Hell no, Garcia stacked his gloves

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              That would not have been a PPV worthy fight. Not yet at least. Let's say they had kept winning into 2015, then maybe yes, at 147. I could have seen it doing around the 250k ballpark which would have been superstar #'s for them two. Had they done a PPV in 2013, that would have bombed pretty bad.

It benefited greatly by being the co-main event for May-Canelo, because it is likely that the majority, or even all of the 2.2 million tuned in and saw both Garcia and Matthysse and how good they are. So they benefited more from being an undercard fight rather than a Showtime Championship main event, or its own PPV. They got more viewers as an undercard, go figure.
              I agree !

Comment

Absolutely.

That fight was a "must see" event for months before it was even announced.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  Absolutely.

That fight was a "must see" event for months before it was even announced.
                  These broke ass bums crack me up, "it wasn't PPV worthy". Since when is the best two guys in a division squaring up not ppv worthy?

When you still live with mama and she tells you to take out the trash.

Comment

I would, would be a competitive fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X