Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Magic Johnson set-up Donald Sterling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds too convenient to not be true. BUT, if he came up with this plan, I think he would be wise enough not to put himself front and center with an offer to buy the team. It reeks of conspiracy. Plus he doesn't have the funds to buy an NBA team.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else is paying the woman and Magic off and is ready to pounce. Probably someone within ESPN's inner-circle (or the NBA itself?). TMZ will publish anything of controversy, but ESPN is neutering Sperling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
      It sounds too convenient to not be true. BUT, if he came up with this plan, I think he would be wise enough not to put himself front and center with an offer to buy the team. It reeks of conspiracy. Plus he doesn't have the funds to buy an NBA team.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else is paying the woman and Magic off and is ready to pounce. Probably someone within ESPN's inner-circle (or the NBA itself?). TMZ will publish anything of controversy, but ESPN is neutering Sperling.
      He does, though. His financial backers/investors are worth roughly 125B. They backed the purchase of the dodgers for 2B. Also, Magic + group unsuccessfully tried to buy the Lakers from the current owners. It's been said they want an "empire" in los angeles.

I agree that it would be risky to put himself front and center, but after watching a ****load of House of Cards, it seems like the perfect plan. Instead of people thinking "he's conspiring," people will think "he's not stupid enough to do it right in front of everyone." That's a page right out of President Underwood's book.

In regard to the TMZ stuff, they had the recording for weeks and held on to it and released it at a very specific and opportunistic moment. All of this was planned by someone or another. Magic might be the ultimate opportunist, or, the ring leader.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
        The hole dilemma started with a gold-digger who posted a picture with Magic Johnson. She/he recorded the conversation through alleged illegal means with the clearly purpose of eliciting damning statements. Now, nobody is defending DTS, he's a disgusting and horrible person who has done and said MUCH worse. Magic Johnson was referenced in the recording.

Then, Magic went on ABC (national television) and condemned DTS, his words and his actions.

A day later, he states that he is interested in buying the Clippers (which Clipper fans would gladly accept and want).

So, do you smell a conspiracy? Albeit an awesome one if he actually purchases the ATG Clippers?
        unlikely, you are really reaching here.

more importantly why are you defending sterling? are you a racist yourself? because thats usually the reason someone defends one.

sterling is a disgusting and horrible person and magic not only had a right but a responsibility as the legendary figure he is to condemn that piece of ****.

it would be so ****ing sweet if the dude he said isnt good enough to attend his games took his whole franchise

Comment

I was thinking it would be a better plan to have the woman bait him with someone else other than Magic but I suppose there are benefits to having Magic be the subject:

1) White people love Magic Johnson, its outrageous to direct hatred towards him.
          2) He is a public figure that is on television daily, what better to create buzz than have your anchor be the subject matter of the hottest story.

Interesting theory.

Comment

Don't forget they're both involved in Los Angeles real estate as well.

Comment

It's not Magic Johnson's fault that Sterling is racist.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                unlikely, you are really reaching here.

more importantly why are you defending sterling? are you a racist yourself? because thats usually the reason someone defends one.

sterling is a disgusting and horrible person and magic not only had a right but a responsibility as the legendary figure he is to condemn that piece of ****.

it would be so ****ing sweet if the dude he said isnt good enough to attend his games took his whole franchise
                Can you read? Where did I defend DTS?

Comment

Magic would only be a minority owner, just as he is with the Dodgers

Whoever controlls the teams is going to get vetted with checked with a fine toothed comb.

hell, i'd just get rid of the Clippers altogether if possible and move a team back to Seattle.

Comment

Magic denied interest in buying the team. Consensus is that he did this to avoid any allegations of tampering.

D=

Comment

Working...
                    X