Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi signing with Al Haymon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulie Malignaggi signing with Al Haymon?

Paulie Malignaggi: "I'm looking forward to fighting as an Al Haymon fighter, winning as an Al Haymon fighter, and getting the big fights for the big money as a Haymon fighter."

Two-division titltewinner Paulie Malignaggi has informed ******.com that he plans to sign with advisor Al Haymon, and Malignaggi and his attorney, Steve Bash, say that they have agreed to the terms of a deal to face ex-titleholder Zab Judah in a December bout likely at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer could not be reached for an immediate comment, but Malignaggi and Bash say they have been informed that the target date for facing Judah is Dec. 7.

"The signing with Haymon is in the works and We're going to make this official, soon," said Malignaggi, who, like Judah, is a Brooklyn native.

"I'm looking forward to fighting as an Al Haymon fighter, winning as an Al Haymon fighter, and getting the big fights for the big money as a Haymon fighter."

Malignaggi was last in the ring for a split-decision loss to Adrien Broner, another Haymon fighter who dethroned Malignaggi as WBA welterweight beltholder in June.

Judah is coming off a unanimous decision loss to RING, WBA and WBC junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, who is also advised by Haymon.

"Nothing is signed, but the fight with Judah is going to happen," said Bash. "We've been informed that Zab already has agreed."

Signing with Haymon adds Malignaggi to a seemingly endless list of talented fighters in and around the 147-pound division, including Broner, Garcia, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Devon Alexander, Lucas Matthysse, Keith Thurman, Marcos Maidana, Austin Trout, and Andre Berto.

http://m.******.craveonline.com/blog...gn-with-haymon

LMAO he said he wanted to be paid like a Haymon fighter I guess he got his wish.

Comment

wow wtf, he talked alot of **** about haymon fighters too and seemed bitter. he looks kinda dumb doing this but i guess hell look like an idiot for a bigger pay check lol

Comment

Good hopefully he gets what he want.

Comment

Paulie talked all kinds of crap about Haymon and basically exposed him to the wider boxing public, I'm surprised Al Haymon was willing to work with him.

Judah needs a KO now lol.

Comment

If Al Haymon isn't your manager you're doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              Paulie talked all kinds of crap about Haymon and basically exposed him to the wider boxing public, I'm surprised Al Haymon was willing to work with him.

Al will work with anyone, the Ali Act is the only reason he hasn't set a up his own promo company.

Comment

money talks. paulies a smart guy and knew it would be a mistake not to sign with haymon if the opportunity arose

Comment

Can't beat them...Join Them!

I don't have a problem with Paulie trying to get the most money possible and the best match ups before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post

Haymon will be getting his cut of Paulies paycheck so.....

Comment

Working...
                    X