No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lundy: Juan M. Marquez Would Pick Brandon Rios Apart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible.

But I still think Rios can beat Marquez.

Rios on the rise and Marquez is on a slow decline.

Eventually a person not named Pac will beat him. Rios could be that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Possible.

But I still think Rios can beat Marquez.

Rios on the rise and Marquez is on a slow decline.

Eventually a person not named Pac will beat him. Rios could be that guy.
      When has Marquez been on the decline? He has been winning since the second Pac fight with exception to Floyd and even in the 3rd Pac fight he boxed Manny up. Marquez got skills.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        When has Marquez been on the decline? He has been winning since the second Pac fight with exception to Floyd and even in the 3rd Pac fight he boxed Manny up. Marquez got skills.
        Yeah I haven't seen the decline yet. Maybe we have another ageless wonder like BHOP....probably not though. Regardless, I don't see Rios beating Marquez unless he lands that perfect KO punch.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          Diaz II shouldn't have been that hard.

Also he didn't have to go to war vs Katsidis.

A prime Marquez beats Kats with out taking much damage at all.

That why I'm calling is a slow decline. Its very subtle and he's still very good.

But I think we forget that he's a 38 year old fighter who's been fighting for almost 20 years.

He started fighting in 1993.

Comment

I completely agree, the question is whether he could hold off Rios while he was picking him apart. I'm not so sure, Rios is better than any of the other pressure fighters Marquez has been fighting since moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Fresh off of his dominant victory over Dannie Williams this past Friday night, I touched bases with once-beaten lightweight contender Hank Lundy to get his thoughts on his performance as well as discussing his past, present, and future in the sport. [Click Here To Read More]
              JMM would slowly take Rios apart and stop him around 8 or 9. Rios will have is success, because JMM unlike when he fought Pacquiao will come to fight and get the KO.

His combos, his counters, his inside game and Rios's style to throw leather and be open makes Rios's demise inevitable.

Would be a great fight but the winner will be JMM

Comment

Rios is limited as a fighter and severely overrated, in my opinion. I agree, Marquez takes him to school.

Comment

Jmm did have trouble in the first diaz fight..diaz had mad pressure on him but can he take rios pressure and power.. cant he keep him off him break him down stop him late at this age???jmm is a warrior ducked noone.he doesnt deserve going thru hell (RIOS) to get to pac. ..Bob arum is one evil basturd..

Comment

I don't think so. I'm picking Rios's youth & size & power in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      Diaz II shouldn't have been that hard.

Also he didn't have to go to war vs Katsidis.

A prime Marquez beats Kats with out taking much damage at all.

That why I'm calling is a slow decline. Its very subtle and he's still very good.

But I think we forget that he's a 38 year old fighter who's been fighting for almost 20 years.

He started fighting in 1993.
                      Diaz and Katsidis were not lame fighters when Marquez fought them. Diaz and Katsidis are all heart and guts. Of course them fights weren't going to be easy. But he KO'd Diaz and Katsidis in a dominate fashion and spectacular fashion. On top of that he beat Diaz in the rematch. His performances are top notch. Just because a fighter has difficulties with opponents don't make him declining. This is boxing and fighters are going to try and win. Marquez in the eyes of the majority of the sport of boxing and the fans say he beat Pacquiao in the 3rd fight. Pac had to beg his people to say he won or not be considered Pinoy anymore. He beat Pac more convincingly then he did in the past 2 fights. Not agreeing with you on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X