Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are certain members demanding Floyd fight all these 154/160 lbs fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
    Just out of interest, why should Floyd fight all these guys above his best weight of 147lbs where he is a world champion and ranked number 1 in the world, but should give catchweights to Matthysse and Marquez? Hypocrite?
    Jr. is a world champion at 154lbs, that weight is already a catchweight for Martinez. It's a perfect meeting point. Trout can't do a catchweight.

Does it even matter what I reply? Floyd fans will make excuse after excuse to the point where they argue it so that the only opponent Mayweather can fight is Robert Guerrero, the blown up LW who is only two fights deep at 147 and who will obviously lose in an uncompetitive fight.

They don't want to see him in a genuinely competitive fight, they only care about him winning because they're not boxing fans, they're cheerleaders. Whatever, take your red bars and sit on his jock idgaf, there are other fights in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Jr. is a world champion at 154lbs, that weight is already a catchweight for Martinez. It's a perfect meeting point. Trout can't do a catchweight.

Does it even matter what I reply? Floyd fans will make excuse after excuse to the point where they argue it so that the only opponent Mayweather can fight is Robert Guerrero, the blown up LW who is only two fights deep at 147 and who will obviously lose in an uncompetitive fight.

They don't want to see him in a genuinely competitive fight, they only care about him winning because they're not boxing fans, they're cheerleaders. Whatever, take your red bars and sit on his jock idgaf, there are other fights in this sport.
      You didnt answer the question. You just danced around it....and I was watching boxing long before Floyd was on the pro scene. He just happens to be one of my favourite active fighters. Didnt relaise that was a crime.
      Last edited by Southpawkiller; 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elbosshogg™ View Post
        he hold a belt at 154 and the only fighters people are asking for are at 154 so where you get 160 from? Martinez fight will be at 154, canelo at 154, if he didnt want to fight 154 he shouldent have got the belt for play. Time to step up.
        so pac can fight at 154 because he had a belt there too

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
          wait isn't floyd rank 1 at 154? Doesn't he hold belts at 154??

Doesn't he fight at 154? What's wrong with 154 fighters calling him out again?

Why is floyd so small according to his fans all of a sudden?
          same reason pac was to small to fight cotto at 154 last year and when he won a belt at 154

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            could you lay your agenda down any clearer? nobody is asking him to fight heavies, only the best challengers at 154, where he's #1 ranked. i'd hope Floyd has more pride in his champ status than you think, you already got the excuses ready.
            but he is ranked #1 at 147 so he he fight some one at that weight he ducking guys at 54

Comment

Working...
            X