Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Arum trying to own the Asian Market?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Arum trying to own the Asian Market?

So he just recently signed Murata and he's building Shiming, that's 2 2012 gold medalists here. He's also grabbing some Filipino prospects and building up the Penelosa brothers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Murata make his debut on the Macau card coming up or some event in the future.

Seems like he's making a real push here

If the Pac event is a success, did he find the pot of gold?

volatile market if you ask me but hey the worlds getting smaller and cultural adaption is on fast track. so yeah, the orient is looking like that pot o'gold.

Comment

Originally posted by rottentothecore View Post
      volatile market if you ask me but hey the worlds getting smaller and cultural adaption is on fast track. so yeah, the orient is looking like that pot o'gold.
      The Pac event in Macau will give a good level of if it's worth it or not.
      Right now, it's looking good with Shiming.... but if it'll really bring money in will be determined if an average Chinese citizen would bother dropping 5 bucks on a PPV

Comment

That would be the UFC.

Comment

Smart move but nowdays every big company triyng to invade China to get a piece of the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
            Smart move but nowdays every big company triyng to invade China to get a piece of the pie.
            WBC already making moves. I think any vacant belt they have and any chinese person they have near the rankings will get a shot.
            That's how Zhong got his

Comment

Forget China. GBP got the Middle East on lock, it only takes a king like Khan.

Comment

it sounds promising because of the population but boxing in china is like what bowling is to the uk (not very popular)

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                  it sounds promising because of the population but boxing in china is like what bowling is to the uk (not very popular)
                  you have a very valid point up there....

i think arum is counting on putting in celebrated local fighters in the region to win china's market....remember the chinese are prime lovers of the art of fighting and they may opt to have a taste of boxing.....

Comment

Murata is going to be a star. I will go as far as to say he will be the greatest asian middleweight of all time when his career is over.

Comment

Working...
                    X