Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People complaining about HBO pushing hard for Dzinziruk against Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
    There is nothing to explain,there is nothing to complain about Dzinziruk is the best fight out there!!People may be so used to Pacman & Floyd cherrypicking that they expect the same from all top level guys though,weird.
    I dont consider Pac fighting Oscar,Cotto and Clottey cherrypicking. I know some will disagree but i personally thought that Pac had a 50-50 or better chance of losing all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      I see no problem with that fight. Now they have to give the same treatment to Berto
      & Pacman's ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        I see no problem with that fight. Now they have to give the same treatment to Berto
        And if they don't you'd rather see Martinez vs Andy Lee?

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
          & Pacman's ppv.
          Nah, that's all on Arum even if the PPV has HBO's logo on it.

Comment

If you wanted Sergiy Dzinziruk to lose, who would you put him in with?

Cotto? No Sergiy might defeat him. Foreman? No, he'd beat Foreman.

Angulo? No, Dzinziruk would win. Martirsoyan? Obviously Sergiy would win.

If someone wanted him to lose, they'd put him in with the slickest southpaw at 154-160, namely Sergio Martinez.

Greenburg is very predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
              I dont consider Pac fighting Oscar,Cotto and Clottey cherrypicking. I know some will disagree but i personally thought that Pac had a 50-50 or better chance of losing all 3.
              What about Margarito & Mosley??The Cotto fight shouldn't have been at 145,I still can't figure out to this day why it was.Clottey's scouting report says 1 thing,this guy throws 10 punches a round in a boxing match,the best offensive fighter shouldn't have a problem beating him.Oscar **** his own **** off with that stunt that backfired & he deserved it,no cherrypicking there.
              Last edited by Bushbaby; 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
                If you wanted Sergiy Dzinziruk to lose, who would you put him in with?

Cotto? No Sergiy might defeat him. Foreman? No, he'd beat Foreman.

Angulo? No, Dzinziruk would win. Martirsoyan? Obviously Sergiy would win.

If someone wanted him to lose, they'd put him in with the slickest southpaw at 154-160, namely Sergio Martinez.

Greenburg is very predictable.
                Not as predictable as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                  This is exactly the way I feel. HBO is taking a hard line and dictating to a guy that has fought anyone they had wanted him to in the past. He's consistently taken tough fights and hasn't avoided anyone. Yet they let other guys fight bums all the time AND pay them millions to do so.

This is the problem people have with HBO.
                  so what? that doesn't mean they have to give sergio a gimmie. fight him somewhere where you're a big draw...oh wait...

its haymon's punk ass. i hope his fighters keep getting their asses kicked, one reason i would have loved to see pac v berto

Comment

It is not good for the boxing industry with a network like HBO dictating match ups, but I can't blame them for doing so. They need good match ups that can sell. Promoters and the alphabet commissions failure to do so means HBO can only sell few bouts that has profit potential.

HBO can give fans good bouts for a limited period but it can't sustain this since this is not their core competence. Eventually, they will give us fights which in their view would sell and give them the most profit, but general boxing fans won’t like.

In the absence of a singular entity in boxing that can dictate who fights who, and a network stepping in to perform such role means the boxing industry is in dire situation. It needs total overhaul. The promoters have hijacked the entire industry.

Honestly though, I am not complaining at this time. Sometime, somebody has to step in to do the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                      And if they don't you'd rather see Martinez vs Andy Lee?
                      No to Lee, Sturm yes (Pirog but he is unavailable). Martinez wants big offers and challenges he said it himself. Nobody seems to want to fight this guy. They say yes but when it is time to sign it is a no go.

The problem here at Boxing Scene is that some ppl are like girls, if you put it in they scream and if you pull it out they cry. Sometimes I don't think you can's satisfy some ppl in this forum

Comment

Working...
                      X