No announcement yet.

Water Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Weight

What do you guys do about water weight? I drink 1 gallon of water per day, but I feel my body regulates how much I need, since I pee a lot. So, do you guys train with a jacket on, or shirt tucked in, in order to lose extra water. I don't know, I've been working out without the extra sweat techniques. However, I am starting to get an interest in wearing a jacket, or tucked in shirt. I used to do this, but right now I am just focusing on getting my conditioning back. However, I am a firm believer of making conditions as hard as possible during training, so that the other stuff feels like a breeze.

I would ask if their are benefits to working out in hotter conditions, which induce sweat. Like, does this burn more calories, or does it just lose water weight. Is there a benefit to sweating more, in terms of cleansing body. Finally, I feel I can workout harder without a jacket, or tucked in shirt, since dehydrating yourself usually makes you feel very weak. Looking at some of my heroes, Mayweather trains in hot conditions. He tucks in his shirt at gym, wears a jacket during runs, and turns up the heater in his gym during workouts. I guess, anything that induces sweat in boxing is traditionally used.

I still sweat a lot during training, but I know I can lose 4-6 lbs. of water if I wore a jacket or had a tucked in shirt. Without this, I might be losing 2-4 lbs. of water.

Also, how about those sweat bands for your waist?

Depends when you have to make weight

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Depends when you have to make weight
      Just, in general, really. Fighters usually are draining their water weight during their 8 weeks of training camp, in terms of jacket or shirt tucked in, with road work and boxing. Obviously, you start getting more intense toward the last 2 weeks, especially if weight is not made. This is where more drastic methods come in: sauna suit, or no eating. But, in general, do you do the extra sweat techniques during your workouts?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
        So, do you guys train with a jacket on, or shirt tucked in,
        I train with half my shirt tucked in which in turn creates a vacuum that actually increases the amount of water I lose. If I'm really trying to cut weight, I'll watch a Wlad Klitschko fight. I lost extra water being bored to tears.

Another technique I use, which was inspired when I dropped my iPod in water, is to sit in a large bucket of rice. Vigorously licking envelopes will also help with bringing down your water weight.

Comment

take gulps of water instead of drinking a lot at once

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            take gulps of water instead of drinking a lot at once
            Yes, I recently reduced to 1/2 gallon of water. I was concerned that I would not be hydrated for runs or boxing workouts, but 1/2 gallon is good and I don't have to carry around the extra weight around. I would still like to tuck in my shirt or wear a jacket for runs and boxing. Maybe a jacket for runs and tucked in shirt for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              I train with half my shirt tucked in which in turn creates a vacuum that actually increases the amount of water I lose. If I'm really trying to cut weight, I'll watch a Wlad Klitschko fight. I lost extra water being bored to tears.

Another technique I use, which was inspired when I dropped my iPod in water, is to sit in a large bucket of rice. Vigorously licking envelopes will also help with bringing down your water weight.

good lord that was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                Yes, I recently reduced to 1/2 gallon of water. I was concerned that I would not be hydrated for runs or boxing workouts, but 1/2 gallon is good and I don't have to carry around the extra weight around. I would still like to tuck in my shirt or wear a jacket for runs and boxing. Maybe a jacket for runs and tucked in shirt for boxing.
                you lose salt and electrolytes when you sweat. losing too much isn't good for you.

Comment

Working...
                X