Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christian pastor tries Atheism for a month

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now he can do atheist rituals like watch football in his underwear on sunday mornings

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
      If any religious person stops and thinks for a minute they are going to doubt their beliefs. I believe in a greater power but religion in my opinion is a total and utter farce written by men to control and conquer land.

Simply put, humans out date popular religion (Islam, Christianity etc.) by tens of thousands of years. If god is all knowing/powerful and he wanted humans to follow these religions he would have created both at the same time.

That applies to anybody, religious or not. And the more intelligent you are, the more you realize you dont know ****.

And yes, there are intelligent religious people, before anybody tries to get cheeky with me

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
        That applies to anybody, religious or not.
        Not necessarily, and anyway, non-religious people don't believe they're sinning (and therefore have to beg for forgiveness from their loving 'god' which will throw them into the pits of 'hell' if he so pleases) if they stop & think for a moment.

And yes, there are intelligent religious people, before anybody tries to get cheeky with me
        "The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence." - Al-Maʿarri
        Last edited by takingaim; 01-09-2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
          God laid the smack down on his candy ass
          I take it you didn't read the whole piece. In the end it was atheists who donated over $19,000 to him so he could cover all his bills for the time being.

So I guess the devil picked up the slack where god left off.

Comment

That applies to anybody, religious or not. And the more intelligent you are, the more you realize you dont know ****.

I was just about to post the same thing. I'm into science as much as I'm into religion.

One thing I think everyone should do is question and research any and everything the believe in. Believe it or not, the bible actually encourages it.

With that said, there comes a point in which no one has the answer. Whether it's believe in God, or a scientific hypothesis, neither are illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
              Not necessarily, and anyway, non-religious people don't believe they're sinning (and therefore have to beg for forgiveness from their loving 'god' which will throw them into the pits of 'hell' if he so pleases) if they stop & think for a moment.

"The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence." - Al-Maʿarri
              Anyone who actually reads the bible doesn't believe that question things is a bad thing.

Pastors/religious leaders don't want you to question things because they want to keep you under their umbrella (smart business move)

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
                I was just about to post the same thing. I'm into science as much as I'm into religion.

One thing I think everyone should do is question and research any and everything the believe in. Believe it or not, the bible actually encourages it.

With that said, there comes a point in which no one has the answer. Whether it's believe in God, or a scientific hypothesis, neither are illogical.
                Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
                Anyone who actually reads the bible doesn't believe that question things is a bad thing.

Pastors/religious leaders don't want you to question things because they want to keep you under their umbrella (smart business move)
                When religious people say this it's so amusing to me. The Bible and Quran do encourage to "think for oneself" and to "question" certain ideologies.

The problem with that is there's only so much you are allowed to question. In religion, you can have inter theological debates. Talk about different beliefs within the religion and have those types of debates.

You cannot however, have discussions where you deny god, the divinity of Jesus Christ (in Christianity for example) or have any type of discussion that insults the prophet Mohamed.

So this encouragement to "think for one's self" is very limited. I mean since the penalty for apostasy is death in Islam, I think that rules out a big question one might have regarding the religion....LOL

Science and religion are diametrically opposed. In science the whole purpose is to find the truth, with no authority or dogma involved.

Religion is very rigid, there's dialog's you can have, but in the end you have to have FAITH to really understand the basic premise of that religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  I take it you didn't read the whole piece. In the end it was atheists who donated over $19,000 to him so he could cover all his bills for the time being.

So I guess the devil picked up the slack where god left off.
                  big deal...
                  $19,000 covers 6 months of my mortgage no bills included that's chump change when you have to maintain a family and keep a roof over their heads now and days.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Now he can do atheist rituals like watch football in his underwear on sunday mornings
                    people that believe in God also do that...
                    that's what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                      big deal...
                      $19,000 covers 6 months of my mortgage no bills included that's chump change when you have to maintain a family and keep a roof over their heads now and days.
                      Exactly.

Not everybody lives with mommy and daddy. 19k will only last me less than 6 months and have my cars repo'd, utilities cut off, and a for sale sign on my front lawn.

My neighbors will sure be asking a lot of questions, and offer me jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X