Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who say Baldomir is the worst champion ever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baldomir legitimately beat the champion of the division, I don't know how you can say that he was the worst champion ever. If he's the worst champion, then Zab Judah must be horrible.

But yeah Aiken was no HOF'er, winning a belt on DQ never does wonders for your self-esteem.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
      Baldomir's only fans are his family, and Floyd supporters who try to justify him being a legitimate threat at the time Floyd fought him. I can bet my left nut and right eye that if not for him fighting Floyd, the Floydboyz would be calling him a bum aswell.
      Anything to say about the comparison of Baldomir and Aiken, or just spreading your general anti-Floyd cheer again?

Comment

Originally posted by JournalSquare View Post
        Baldomir legitimately beat the champion of the division, I don't know how you can say that he was the worst champion ever. If he's the worst champion, then Zab Judah must be horrible.

But yeah Aiken was no HOF'er, winning a belt on DQ never does wonders for your self-esteem.

Aiken scored 2 knock downs and broke the other guy down....the guy wanted out.

Comment

Originally posted by JournalSquare View Post

His only defense was against Arturo Gatti, the same washed up Gatti who was never a welterweight contender to begin with. Are there worse than Carlos? Perhaps, but he was and will always be among the worst of champions, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
            You have to scratch your head when a sanctioning body puts together a vacant title fight and neither guy could even be approved as an opponent on the major networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelon Psyclone View Post
              His only defense was against Arturo Gatti, the same washed up Gatti who was never a welterweight contender to begin with. Are there worse than Carlos? Perhaps, but he was and will always be among the worst of champions, ever.
              Nobody thought he'd beat Gatti or Judah, and yet he spanked them both. You have to respect that at least.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                Not even ****ing close.

Check out this joke:

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...9366&cat=boxer
                baldomir is the worst LINEAL champion by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                  Okay... Pereira down twice, and lost two points for low blows.

66-63 Aiken
                  65-65
                  65-65

Aiken was breaking him down so much that he wasn't able to build a lead on the scorecards, even with 4 extra points?!? Doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by VIVA MEXICO!! View Post
                    baldomir is the worst LINEAL champion by far.
                    Probably not by far...

Leon Spinks was pretty bad too.

I think you can make a credible argument about the worst lineal champion though, but not any titlist.

Comment

No one said he was "thee" worst they said he was "thee worst welterweight champion ever"
                      there is a difference..

Comment

Working...
                      X