Who will have more Mexican fans at their fight? Chavez Jr on Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Canelo his ratings are higher
    Not in the US....Half the people in the Canelo fight got their tickets for free...theres a reason Schaefer is fuming and cursing Arum....

Comment

I don't know how many tickets Canelo-Lopez sold, but I'd assume if it's, hypothetically, the same amount as Chavez-Martinez then Canelo's fight would have more Mexican fans watching. But this is only because I think it'll be primarily Mexicans who pay to see this fight, considering the fighters are both Mexican and the match doesn't actually garner that kind of widespread interest. I think, with all due respect, Chavez-Martinez is a much more appealing fight to all fight fans of all races.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        Not in the US....Half the people in the Canelo fight got their tickets for free...theres a reason Schaefer is fuming and cursing Arum....
        There was a thread that showed HBO ratings of Chavez jr and his average for 5 fights was around 19 while Canelos was 21(think it was in mexico). Canelo has been on 2(floyd ppv's) so he has a lot of exposure. I dont even know if Chavez has had a ppv fight?

Comment

There was a thread that showed HBO ratings of Chavez jr and his average for 5 fights was around 19 while Canelos was 21(think it was in mexico). Canelo has been on 2(floyd ppv's) so he has a lot of exposure. I dont even know if Chavez has had a ppv fight?
          Nah. he explained how Televisa is promoting Canelo hard and giving him sole exposure.

TV Azteca promotes Chavez Jr., Marquez, and some others and also doesn't broadcast the fights as widely as Televisa, so the ratings numbers are deceptive.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            Nah. he explained how Televisa is promoting Canelo hard and giving him sole exposure.

TV Azteca promotes Chavez Jr., Marquez, and some others and also doesn't broadcast the fights as widely as Televisa, so the ratings numbers are deceptive.
            okay those ratings aside, How many ppv's has Canelo been in as opposed to Chavez?

I think Canelo has been exposed more

Comment

okay those ratings aside, How many ppv's has Canelo been in as opposed to Chavez?

I think Canelo has been exposed more
              Can be argued that Chavez Jr. didn't need as much exposure because of the name.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                Can be argued that Chavez Jr. didn't need as much exposure because of the name.
                oooooooh

guess we'll see

Comment

Canelo, in last visit to Mexico, all the talk was about Canelo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
                    Canelo, in last visit to Mexico, all the talk was about Canelo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Depends where you go.

The kid is popular in Jalisco, but in Sinaloa and Northern Mexico it's all Chavez.

Comment

More fans in attendance: Martinez-Chavez.

More viewers: Canelo-Lopez.

Fight that will be viewed the most at the end of the day, with fans in attendance+viewers at home: Canelo-Lopez, by a long shot.

Most likely more than a million more viewers than Chavez-Martinez, or more. Chavez-Martinez does 200-300k[if they're lucky], Canelo-Lopez does something like 1.5-1.8million viewers, I wouldn't even rule out 2 million viewers.

Comment

Working...
                      X