Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Hbo always overrate and force fighters like Russel and Berto on us?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    Certain promoters/managers bid for dates at the beginning of the year.

This was the date that Haymon got and he was just using it for Berto and another one of his fighters.

I really don't see the big deal as everyone does this.

When its an Arum date, you see a top name fighter and someone like Garcia. When it's GBP they use it for one of their top fighters with the undercard being that of an up and coming fighter they have.

Again, this is a Haymon date, so why wouldn't he use it to showcase an up and coming fighter of his.
    c'mon son... an 8 round exhibition match!!!! c'mon son

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Better question : why do they shun fighters who destroy their beloved prospects? Pirog and Ishida should be featured on BAD or PPV undercards.
      At the beginning of the year promoters bid for dates.

It's Pirog and Ishida's promoters fault they can't or refuse bid for an HBO date.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        c'mon son... an 8 round exhibition match!!!! c'mon son
        I don't like Haymon, but again that's how the business side of the sport works.

That was Haymon's date so he showcased Russell. I really don't know what other fighter he could have put up since his other fighters have dates already or have just recently fought.

Comment

Sure the 8round Russell fight felt a bit like a SHObox but I was happy to finally see Russell fight who I've heard lots about. I really don't get all the hatin' going on here, he's a come forward aggressive fan friendly fighter who's def gonna be in some action packed fights down the line. Besides that he's a humble kid who wants to get better. I understand people who hate on Broner per se (although I like him) for his pot shotting style and arrogance, but Russell seems like he should appeal to all boxing fans. Not to mention while I'm neither a fan of Berto or Zaveck I thought it was a he'll of an entertaining fight while it lasted. What beef can people really have with that card pretty quLity BAD show IMO

Comment

it's an american network!!!! so it will promote american or mexican fighters more often then europe.the euro channels will have the Hosting rights so hbo wont waste their time going overseas too often

Comment

Gary Russell looked pretty good, that was'nt his best performance hes had some some good ones though. Very fast hands but no power, it seems hes not fully commiting on his punches. Maybe its the hand issues but he seemed to lack power. Berto looked alot focused last night. He looked a little stronger in this fight. I would like to see Berto vs Ortiz rematch, he had ortiz hurt he just got excited and got caught. But its good to see him win another title.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                It seems like they go out of their way to convince us to see something that is not there.

Why must they always push the same kind of thing down our throats?

Haven't they learned anything from the departure of Ross Greenburg? Its like they still want to follow a formula of failure. Pushing the same kind of fighters that destroyed the network and ruined their good standing in the boxing community.
                Two words- Al Hayman

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas. View Post
                  HBO is in the star making business.
                  Good luck with Berto, that head-butting chump couldn't fill a phone booth with fans and he'll never be a star. That hype last night was embarrassing, with the Slovenian winning the fight and them pretending not to notice ... and not noticing the headbutt at the end, either.

Comment

How are they forcing Russell on us?

Comment

Originally posted by TheZero View Post
                      Frankly, i was disgusted about how they are trying to push Berto through.

Everything, from fight predictions to the final words, was on Berto's side. I have no clue why either, becouse Zaveck was not the worse fighter in this fight. Maybe on the paper, but he has shown that he can cope with Berto, with ease.
                      There you have it a robbery head butt I guess Ward told him how to do it Oakland style

Comment

Working...
                      X