Danny Jacobs goes into hiding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    lol

Salido was brought in as the rugged guy to help Lomachenko set the record for fastest path to a world title and you were willing to put your money on that, yet you're spooked of laying down money on Golovkin on a fight like Golovkin-Monroe or on Garcia for a fight like Garcia-Salka?

gtfoh

Lomachenko was a 6:1 favorite for that ****ing fight, and you bet the underdog? you played yourself.
    It was obvious in that fight Salido was being way underrated.
    A lot of amateurs also never have to show that they actually have an inside game for **** in the amateurs so it's something that is very lacking in a lot amateurs. And that's Salido's entire wheelhouse.

Salido is also vastly underrated in his ability to slide his way on the inside without taking too much damage or being kept on the outside with subtle waist movement, a decent jab, and a good guard as he's coming it. He's vulnerable to traps like the ones Mikey Garcia used on him, but Lomachenko never had the ring intelligence to set those up.

He also made quite a bit of tactital errors against a fighter similar in style but far noticeably inferior to Salido. People acted like Lomachenko looked flawless in his fight against Ramirez in his debut. I remember calling Salido "Ramirez 20.0".
    I made my prediction partially based on that fight.

I was so confident and yet I still only put $100 bucks on it. That's practically all I had at the time to bet.
    I'd be happy to put a bet down, but I do not have the thousands needed as an entry point to place it. I just don't have that money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Abraham and Leon Bauer, both Saureland-promoted fighters, were on the bill and I doubt that the "small online platform" selling the fight for 20 Euros was a pirated operation.

Sauerlands won the bid for the fight (~$1.55m; $1,125,000 to Abraham/$375k to Ramirez), and swapped that won bid for a disclosed $500k to Abraham and the rights to Pacquiao-Bradley III in Germany (at 20 Euros a stream, 30k streams breaks even on the amount owed on the bid; wouldn't be shocked if the Sauerland's opted to sell the rights to the streaming outfit, rather than worry about carrying the risk on their own).

If Abraham is anywhere near as big a star as folks thin he is locally with Pacquiao allegedly being a global star, the fact that you can't even fathom the German broadcasting rights to the Pacquiao-Bradley III card even being worth $600k is laughable.
      You have ABSOLUTELY no clue about the German TV market and Abraham's marketability in Germany nowadays (which has decreased badly in the past years). 30k buys is complete utopia.

Comment

Working...
      X